Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
quilter's dilemma >

quilter's dilemma

quilter's dilemma

Old 11-05-2012, 02:37 PM

Forestquilter, get it. I've had one sitting[new] upstairs for 5 yrs. I finally started to want to quilt. I love it. You can use it or sell it later. There will always be a person wanting one. Husband quilts after I put the quilt on the frame.ha.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:04 PM

What's the worst that can happen if you just do what you feel like doing at the moment? If nobody is paying you to do this, then why not do exactly as you please? I consider myself retired and intend to enjoy my hobbies. I usually get back to the things I started - eventually - but meanwhile I refuse to feel guilty about going with the flow. I think that in general most people do their very best work when they are feeling enthusiastic.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Just Me... View Post
I'm on a two-for-one (self-imposed) schedule right now. I have to finish two UFOs before starting another new. It's working! I've already picked out 10 or 20 different patterns for my next one.....talk about motivation to finish up those UFOs! ROFL
OHOHOHOH I LIKE this idea, might have to give it a try. Thanks for sharing it with us!
Old 11-05-2012, 06:50 PM

I have never met the Quilt Police and I never will. Unless you quilt for a living, I feel it's our outlet and just go for it. If I have lot's of UFO in the future, and I think that I will never finish, I take them to a local thrift shop. I make sure that I have direction to the project and maybe fabric if it's precut.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:56 PM

I find that I can only work on something if I really want to. If I'm trying to make myself finish one project when all I can do is think about another one, I AM going to mess up. It's not a matter of if, but when! This is fun. Do whatever you want to do on your own schedule!