Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
ANyone with a Janone memory craft? Can you help me? >

ANyone with a Janone memory craft? Can you help me?

ANyone with a Janone memory craft? Can you help me?

Old 11-09-2012, 03:28 AM

This is a real gamble but tempting too. If you want it for the sewing capabilities, it is loaded and you'd still have whatever designs are built in AND the nifty 3-letter monograms. The thing that gives me pause about this deal is that so much is missing, it makes me want to know more about the history of it beyond just that it is not currently working. You might be looking at a quick-fix or you might be looking at replacing the mother-board so a Janome dealer could tell you the cost involved there. It could take $100-$500 or more to get it working again depending on the problem. If it is not the mother-board, you would have that to look forward to in a few years or sooner.
Old 11-09-2012, 03:46 AM

I can't give you any advice on wether to purchase it or not, but I have the same machine, bought in the same year that they mentioned and mine is a work horse. However that being said, there are a lot of feet and other acsessories that are missing. so maybe you would be better off going to a dealer and buying the machine used from them.
Old 11-09-2012, 03:56 AM

If it were me, I'd probably stay clear away from it. I fear that the computer might be wonky on it which is probably not a cheap fix at all. If you are looking for a Janome, maybe get one that is newer? My dealer has had some for about $300-$400 in the past and they're nice machines. I have a MC4900QC and it's a good, solid machine. I've had it for about 6 years and it has served me well. I think that would be the same of any of the Janomes, not just the MC line. I personally think that $95 is too much for a machine that doesn't work - especially if it could potentially be a very expensive fix.

I regret selling my first sewing machine. It didn't have a computer. Computerized machines make me worry that their computer will go wonky and then it will be a paperweight more or less. I also rarely have ever used any of the fancy stitches that I thought that I needed so badly
Old 11-09-2012, 12:24 PM

I also wondered if the feed dogs were filled with thread and bits of fluff and needed to be cleaned out. I know that my friend borrowed my machine (a Pfaff) and had that complaint. I went over and showed her how full of lint it was and she was embarrassed that it was that simple. The fabric didn't want to move.