Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What are you making today? >

What are you making today?

What are you making today?

Old 11-18-2012, 06:07 PM

Love your quilt!! Very nice! I have been trying to make a tessellated evergreen tree pattern for several days with no luck. I did make a very pretty tree, but it's not tessellated in any way, shape or form. However, I did cut out a parrot panel which I'll be starting soon and I ordered the actual tessellated tree pattern for my other project. :-) Now I may need to use this tree in a pillow or something. LOL!!
Old 11-18-2012, 10:47 PM

Love the Drunkards Path and the baby quilt! I have always wanted to try DP but never got around to it. I am working on two t-shirt quilts for my DS's SO and her sister. Their dad passed away this year and DS asked if I'd make the quilts for the girls. They are now both ready to quilt. I backed them with fleece and no batting, as they are very heavy. I think I'm going to just stitch in the ditch as I've never used fleece backing before and am a little nervous about trying it.
Old 11-18-2012, 10:50 PM
Power Poster

Two humongous meals and I am just too tired to quilt now. Great drunkards patch!
Old 11-18-2012, 11:03 PM

pyjamas!

aileen
Old 11-19-2012, 04:25 AM

I'm working on hand quilting a baby quilt. Found out last Sat. (12/10) that a friend's wife is expecting. Decided to make a baby quilt for them. Bought, washed, cut and pieced the top last Tues. and have been quilting my fingers off since then. Need to have it ready to gift on Thanksgiving. Have 1 1/2 borders left to quilt then binding and washing. But also have to run into NYC today; have a meeting tonight. Tomorrow must drive to Newark, NJ and Wed. do a few errands. But I think I can make it. Will take it with me on the train today as well so that will help. My fingers look/feel like pincushions right now!
Old 11-19-2012, 04:55 AM

I'm hoping to be able to finish working on the blocks for the Boomrang swap. I have 7 completed with 8 more to go and want to get it out of here by first/second week of December so I don't have to worry about getting it all done on time. I had hoped to get it done last week, all of it, but life has once again gotten in my way these last two weeks. Things are quieting down again so will take this as a good time to get back to sewing.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:00 AM

Oh, my first thought was.....TROUBLE. But alas not so. I am making the lives of students happy. Those who show up for class today and do not skip out early for Thanksgiving break get extra credit points! (college students)

My quilting is on hold until Black Friday! Then I hunker down and let the machine hum for a good 12 hours straight!!!

Beautiful colors on your drunkards path. I look forward to the finished product. I have not tried the curved pieces yet ....but I am sure that I will some time in the future.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:22 AM

I am working on a t-shirt quilt for a navy vet. Going to have his photo with photo cloth in the middle and embroidery his name under the pic. Has blue and red sashing. All his T-s are X large so some of the logos are very large. So I am going with 17 inch blocks. That is the smallest I could go. The ones with smaller logos I will mix the block with them and small logos on the sleeves and front. This is my first t-shirt quilt and also working with the photo fabric. I sure hope all turns out nice.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:37 AM

I love your quilt in progress. The colors are scrumptious together!
Old 11-20-2012, 07:03 AM
Power Poster

After work and last weekend I am making another Illusion quilt, different colors and fabrics then I used on the last one I posted last week. Even with baking pies and making dressing tomorrow I should get it finished by Sunday. Then I will start a different quilt pattern, I think. I haven't picked out which one I want to do next.

All the above quilts are beautiful. So many talented quilters on this board.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and everyone else.