Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Please tell me it isn't just me!!! >

Please tell me it isn't just me!!!

Please tell me it isn't just me!!!

Old 11-22-2012, 04:37 AM

[QUOTE=gollytwo;5669372]I have 40+ quilts in various stages of completion.

This would give me sooo much stress....I have 1 that has been put away for about 3 yrs...it's a Buggy Barn pattern that a couple pieces got loose from it's confinement when we moved and now I'm afraid I won't be able to get it finished right...so I just don't work on it...that will be my New Year's challenge!!
Old 11-22-2012, 04:57 AM

Guilty as charged here. I have numerous quilts going. I have been trying to make myself finish 2 before I can start another one. I am also trying to force myself to work mostly from my stash. I have a quilt that has been sitting for over 6 months and all it needs is the binding hand sewn. There is another that just needs borders and quilting. I just pulled one out that only needs borders and quilting that I am going to donate for a fundraiser at work for someone who needs a kidney transplant.
I just finished the 50 fabulous paper pieced stars on here and bought my background fabric but the rest is totally from my stash. It just needs a back. I swear I am not going to let it become a UFO.Ha Ha
Old 11-22-2012, 05:12 AM

I try to only work on one thing at a time; however, that being said, I have about a dozen or more projects that I started when I was taking classes and I couldn't finish as I was working 60+ hours at work. Now that all my craft shows are over, my goal now is to finish my hubby's and son's quilts for Christmas, start working on my own quilt then try to finish those UFO's!!
Old 11-22-2012, 05:50 AM

I have 8 in a trunk waiting for backings, etc. One took me a long while to make. It is yellow with A gazillion different little colored squares. My friend had given me just the right shade teal for many of them. I assumed. she pre-washed her fabric. NOT! I had a little left over and made a paper-pieced hummingbird with some of it. I spilled a little water on it...and the green bled everywhere. Now that means I have to get out my yellow top and we have to remove all those greens and replace. Thing is...she got mad at me this summer and hasn't spoken with me...so I think I am on my own. And I'm a little timid to start tearing it apart. In the meantime I start new ones all the time.
Old 11-22-2012, 06:12 AM

When I first started quilting I took lots of classes. Because I was afraid I'd miss something good, I signed up for way too many. Many of these projects are unfinished but I am too busy to work on them. I know I will get to them at some point, but I have all my current stuff to do. There are just not enough hours in a day! When my DGD goes to school I think then I can get more done.
Old 11-22-2012, 06:17 AM

Just think how long you will live to finish!!!! Happy living and quilting!!
Old 11-22-2012, 06:56 AM

I finish a quilt top before starting on another one. I don't fully understand why a quilter wants all these 1/2
finished quilts all over the place. (?)
Old 11-22-2012, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by Pieces2 View Post
I finish a quilt top before starting on another one. I don't fully understand why a quilter wants all these 1/2
finished quilts all over the place. (?)
see my post for more enlightenment. (#88)
Old 11-22-2012, 09:14 AM

I do have lots of WIPs, mostly from going to a class and learning a technique. Working full time also enters into it.
Old 11-22-2012, 09:48 AM

It is so nice to know I am not the only one with lots of projects that have been started, but not finished. I think it is wonderful that you have finished 7 of them plus the 4 other projects. I am making a pledge and I am determined to finish at least one project a month in 2013!