Singer 338 foot pedal

Old 11-05-2012, 01:14 AM

I suggest looking on http://www.sew-classic.com/.

I've bought several parts from Jenny on that site. She's VERY helpful & accommodating. They have many different parts available. If by chance they don't carry your foot, they might be able to special order it.

Originally Posted by beaniekins View Post
I have a Singer 338 that I love, but I have a small issue with the foot pedal. It is one of those older two button pedals, and it is very stiff, which makes it hard to control the speed of the machine. Basically, it's either pedal to the metal fast, or it doesn't really go at all. I took the pedal apart to see if I could loosen it up a little, but it didn't help.

So I want to get a replacement. Do I just get a pedal and rewire the existing cord to the new pedal or can I just get a whole new pedal for my machine? I took a pic of the end of the cord where it attaches to my machine, and the cord has four prong holes, but the machine only uses the bottom three.
Old 12-02-2012, 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomOf3 View Post
I suggest looking on http://www.sew-classic.com/.

I've bought several parts from Jenny on that site. She's VERY helpful & accommodating. They have many different parts available. If by chance they don't carry your foot, they might be able to special order it.
I second that. I bought several of my old Singer sewing machines a new electronic foot pedals from Jenny. She is great. I never knew a couple of my old machines could ever be so steady at a slower speed. The old foot pedals will literally get hot if you go too slow, where the electronic pedals don't do that. Go to: shop sew-classic dot com, then click down to foot controls; she even pre-wires odd foot pedals. I have no affiliation with her, but a happy customer.
Old 12-02-2012, 05:32 AM

I have had one of Sew-Classics electronic foot controllers for several months but didn't hook it up. Then about 2 weeks ago the foot controller to my "test box" died. I put the electronic one on and it surprised me. Although it's a cheep plastic unit it works pretty good.

Joe
Old 12-02-2012, 10:57 AM

Miz Mary'

This link doesn't work. Can you post again.

Cathy

Originally Posted by miz mary View Post