Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
November/December 2009 Doll Quilt Swap (with a secret twist!) >

November/December 2009 Doll Quilt Swap (with a secret twist!)

November/December 2009 Doll Quilt Swap (with a secret twist!)

Old 10-21-2009, 10:43 AM
Banned

Rhonda, you said it perfectly!

Dee, the very first thing I learned about this board is that there are NO quilt police here! And there are quilters with all stages of expertise from beginners to blue-ribbon professionals. We ALL appreciate the work of one another!! Everyone is a beginner sometime, and it is from the mentoring and example of others that we learn. You won't find a more loving group than the people here. :P :P :P
Old 10-21-2009, 10:55 AM

Well said, Rhonda! And you are very right about no quilt police, gaigai. No worries for these swaps craftiladi! We have all levels of quilters and every quilt is well loved. The only requirement is to have fun!
Old 10-21-2009, 11:23 AM

Wow! There has been tremendous response for this swap! Thank you to everyone who signed up, offered encouragement to new participants, and to those who have swapped in the past. I started this swap in May with 12 brave swappers and it has grown to 52+ participants as of today. You can't imagine how thrilled this makes me!

A special thanks to our veterans BlueChicken, collettakay, Darlene, KGoodhand, kwhite, Ninnie, PamH, quiltwoman, tulip43, and youme. Thank you for trusting my wild idea of swapping doll quilts. To date, we've swapped approximately 263 quilts including a fun Japanese twist with quilters in Japan. And there's more fun to come!

Here's the list so far for the November/December Doll Quilt Swap. If I've left you off or have you on the list in error, please let me know. I'm going to need an assistant if this swap gets much bigger! If you have an asterisk by your name, I need your address for this secret swap.

3incollege
amma
auntshamaine
barbsbus
beckyw
Bettia
blueribbontoes
CHAHEL
Chele
collettakay
craftiladi
Darlene
Esqmommy
FAYE
gaigai
Gwyn
imjustme
Janis
jljack
k3n
KGoodhand
KnotSew
kwhite
Lacelady
LindaR
moosegirl
Mountainquilter
Mrs. I
nellie*
NiceNCLady
Ninnie
NorBanaquilts
omak
PamH
peaceandjoy
primitivequilter
pvquilter
Quilts4u
quiltease
quilter1962*
quiltwoman
sandpat
sewjoyce
Shelanie
STAR
SulaBug
teacup*
tlrnhi
tulip43
Up North
Ybridgegal
youme
Old 10-21-2009, 11:38 AM
Power Poster

Me too, please.

I have a question though: I noticed that some of the swappers make regular event packages with goodies and other "stuff" - what are the rules/expectations? I would feel awful if I got "goodies" and didn't send any. (Even if the partner is a secret to the end.)
Old 10-21-2009, 11:53 AM

You're in MadQuilter? Yippee! Send me your addy. You've asked a very valid question. It is entirely up to the sender if they want to include a little gift or something. It's definitely not a requirement. The only thing that should be expected is a doll quilt. I don't want anyone to feel bad if they didn't include any goodies yet received some. The main focus is swapping doll quilts. I just can't stop "giving quilters," it's in their blood as you can see all over this board.
Old 10-21-2009, 11:55 AM
Banned

Mad, I can't speak for anyone else, of course, but as far as I'm concerned, the only expectation is to get a doll quilt.

There are (obviously) lots of us who enjoy sticking little unexpected things in the box with it, especially for the recipient's kids, but there is no obligation. A beautiful doll quilt and perhaps a card is all that any of us expect.

The rest is, as they say in Louisiana, lagnaippe! (That means something extra).
Old 10-21-2009, 12:42 PM

i would like to be in this swap.
Old 10-21-2009, 01:19 PM

I, for one, would never expect anything but the quilt. Of course, goodies are fun, and really appreciated when they arrive, but I must say that I wouldn't think twice if I did not get goodies with the quilt. That is the main event for me and what I look forward to - the love and work of my quilting board friends!! I also know that many people these days do not have extra money for extra goodies - it's enough financially to make these quilts, which are not cheap, for sure! So, MQ, do what you can, what you want, but realize that it's your quilt that is what is expected and loved!!
Old 10-21-2009, 01:27 PM

I'd like to sign up...I'll PM you my info Chele...

Thank you for hosting this..
Old 10-21-2009, 02:11 PM

Rhonda & Gaigai I am going to cut n paste n print your responses and include w/ my doll quilt when it goes postal...lol
seriously I thank-you I do feel much better.
dee