Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • What are you making for hostess/small gifts this year.... >
  • What are you making for hostess/small gifts this year....

• What are you making for hostess/small gifts this year....

Old 12-09-2012, 08:12 PM

Default What are you making for hostess/small gifts this year....

I've been making the microwave bowl potholders but could use some other ideas!
    Old 12-09-2012, 08:36 PM

I am making rice packs for my son-in-law. One for his eyes and a larger one for his shoulders. I am decorating them to look like a super hero mask and cape. I am refashioning a sweatshirt into a jacket for my Mom. I also found a pattern online for a roll up emergency kit. They put antibiotic cream, bandaids, tissues, etc. in it. Hope this helps in some small way
    Old 12-09-2012, 09:59 PM

I'm making quilted coasters. Fast, easy and so cute.
    Old 12-09-2012, 10:15 PM

I'm making bread basket liners (my friend's son called them bread blankets tonight & I got a big kick out of that!), small pot holders called pot pinchers, some bandanas for my big-headed brother in law (he can't find them big enough to tie around is head when he rides his Harley!) & a small snap bag purse- the kind you use the metal tape measure for the snap part. Oh, and a pot holder that looks like a pie. Here is the link to the bread basket tutorial. They are so practical, easy to make & everyone loves them.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/tutoria...er-t84437.html I put W & N batting in mine.

Here is the original post about the pie potholders. http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...s-t201299.html
    Old 12-10-2012, 03:03 AM

Made a selection of mug buckets pictures in pictures my gifts.
    Old 12-10-2012, 04:33 AM
    Power Poster

I made these http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...t207838-2.html and these http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...r-t207603.html . I also did some FMQ practicing on some small wall hangings... I just trimmed them up and they look good enough to give away once bound.
    Old 12-10-2012, 02:24 PM

no sewn gifties for me..I'm too busy working on the BIG stuff! lol I am doing layered cookies in a jar for gifties
    Old 12-10-2012, 02:40 PM

I'm making an organizier cover, a matching eye glass case, a check book cover and a tissue holder and matching bookmarks. Also a matching zippered coin purse also done in the hoop w/initials on them.These are all done (except for the tissue holders) on my emboidery machine and have cutwork roses and lace in them. My sister loves orange so hers is in orange, blue for my boss, and purple for two of my friends. I know they'll love them and not find them anyplace else because the cutwork designs and the covers were designed by my friend and I. I'm also making table doilies that have a cookie saying on them to put under the cookie plate. Those are for my friends when we get together this week for our cookie bake. I'm trying to get a few other things done like the folding potholders from emblibrary.com but we'll see if that gets done. Pulling over 50hrs a week plus helping watch grandkids so not alot of time left. Merry Christmas too all.
    Old 12-11-2012, 08:36 PM

I'm making several minkee scarves as shown in the tutorial from Missouri Quilt Co. Also, some microwave bowl holders, coffee cup sleeves, and pillow covers.
    Old 12-12-2012, 03:36 PM
    Power Poster

Thank you maggiemay for the link to the Bread Basket Liner. It is perfect for a hostess gift I need this weekend where I was asked to bring home baked bread. I can leave the basket with liner. I appreciate the posters on this board so much!