Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Hobbs 80/20 Batting >

Hobbs 80/20 Batting

Hobbs 80/20 Batting

Old 12-16-2012, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by happyquiltmom View Post
Hobbs 80/20 is the only batting we sell in the LQS where I work. That should tell you something.
That's good to hear. I buy the Hobbs Polydown at Fabricd Warehouse which is located near me. They also carry the Hoobs 100% cotton and the HObbs Wool but the do not carry the Hobbs 80/20. No other stores near me carry the Hobbs batting. I see Connecting Threads also carries it and they have batting sales once in a while so that can also be a source for me. I am very anxious to sew together a quick quilt top after Xmas and try this 80/20 batting. I work full time and I do longarm quilting for customers --which makes it an accomlplishment for me to get a quilt top sewed together!!
Old 12-16-2012, 07:13 AM

I only use Hobbs 80/20. It seems lighter in weight than others but is still toasty warm. It does shrink when washed due to 80% cotton to give it a "crinkly" look but the poly in it lets it keep its shape. It it easy to sew though. Hobby Lobby carries it both in store and on.-line. Price is reasonable with 40% coupon. Some times HL has free shipping as does Connecting thread with $50 purchase. Try it you'll like it!!!!! It is always nice to have many choices so make samples with quilting of all battings you could use so customer could see the difference.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by bigsister63 View Post
I only use Hobbs 80/20. It seems lighter in weight than others but is still toasty warm. It does shrink when washed due to 80% cotton to give it a "crinkly" look but the poly in it lets it keep its shape. It it easy to sew though. Hobby Lobby carries it both in store and on.-line. Price is reasonable with 40% coupon. Some times HL has free shipping as does Connecting thread with $50 purchase. Try it you'll like it!!!!! It is always nice to have many choices so make samples with quilting of all battings you could use so customer could see the difference.
Thanks for letting me know about Hobby Lobby. I didn't know they carried Hobbs. I live about 2 hours away from a Hobby Lobby but can always use a 40% off coupon when I go there. And I can look them up on-line--which I usually don't do so I am glad to know now that they carry Hobbs.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:47 AM

When the speaker from Hobbs visited our Ranching Heritage Museum last summer for a lecture on batting, he mentioned that 80/20 is their best selling batting.