Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Blocks of the Month and Week
  • Judy's 3rd MYSTERY QUILT train ride >
  • Judy's 3rd MYSTERY QUILT train ride

• Judy's 3rd MYSTERY QUILT train ride

Old 12-21-2012, 06:06 PM

e quilt tops posted over the past few days are fabulous! Congrats to all of you.
    Old 12-21-2012, 06:54 PM

Pam that is so pretty. Wonderful color choices.

Everose I send a prayer of comfort for you this Christmas. There is indeed never a good time to lose someone we love. I am sure also she is dancing in heaven.

I checked out the aboutquilting or is it reversed? mystery quilt for new years day. OMG after readng about it its a LONG day .. I like Judys speed much better. I dont think it would have worked if I had to finish it all in one day. Oh heck no. Unless the clues are like cut twenty 20 inch squares cut them in half sew them together. next clue. Because they would have to be huge to finish. that is a tough thing to do. Judy bless you for working at my speed!
    Old 12-21-2012, 08:13 PM

Love the colors in your quilt PamH.
    Old 12-21-2012, 10:52 PM

Pam H ~ Beautiful
    Old 12-22-2012, 08:32 AM

Eliza, I've seen those one day mysteries, and they do not interest me in the least! Way too much to try and do in one day, but I guess those have lots of people trying them. Really wonder just how many finish in one day?

The one that starts next Saturday, the 29th, will be a bit more than my usual mysteries, but you have 3 clues and then I am gone for 2 weeks, so it had to be that way. But as I always say, no pressure, no quilt police, no one breathing down your nexk to keep up! But I think you will like this new one, I have my sample all done and will be making another one. this time for me!
    Old 12-22-2012, 11:09 AM

everrose, sorry to hear about your mom.
    pam, beautiful quilt.
    PMJ-- can't wait for your next mystery quilt. glad it is going to be a 'bit more'. i like 'a bit more'. keeps us on our toes.
    i was in the basement sewing like a beaver on another one, just like this last one-- to be finished later---, and was patting myself on the back, that it was going so well, then realized 'gosh darn'. it has to be a king, not a queen.
    oh, well, this DSIL's mom doesn't deserve a quilt anyway, till her son gets graduated, and gets a job. now is this a mother in law talking or not?????
    Old 12-23-2012, 08:09 AM

I am on the same "train" as you are Judy. I did a one day mystery last year and did not like the pressure. Yesterday I pinned the second Mystery Train quilt and DD will begin quilting it today. It has to be one of my all time favorites.
    Old 12-23-2012, 10:33 AM

Everose,
    Sorry for your loss. I lost my mom 7 years ago today. Picked out her casket on Christmas Eve. Though our family was sad, we still got together on Christmas for a meal because mom kept saying she 'didn't want to mess up Christmas'. We spent the day remembering funny Christmases with mom ... it helped, I think.

Perhaps our moms will become great friends as they watch over their daughters.

God's Blessings,
    Peggy
    Old 12-24-2012, 05:23 AM

Peggy what a lovely thing you did. I always tell my children I will be right there watching them and they say oh hell can you stay out of the bedroom at least? I tell them I want to have fun in heaven too you know. My mom is right here in my mind all the time I can hear here with her strong accent telling me her very opinionate thoughts.. its funny how that happens. And a good thing.

Wow sewnso at 65 you did a one day quilt/ good for you. at 51 no way in heck do I have the energy for that. nope not at all. Less errors if I go a bit slower. I am excited about this scrappy quilt we will be working on. I have tons of those so they are in my stash for sure
    Old 12-24-2012, 06:38 AM

Well, phooey on a one day mystery. What fun is that? I think (IMHO) Judy's are so fun because we get to imagine how it's going to continue/end. My only difficulty is getting them done!! Maybe if I were on here less, more would get done. Anyway, Judy's quilts are great and the company is spectacular on those trains!