My New Pfaff 130

Old 12-22-2012, 03:17 PM

I use my spool pin thing-a-ma-jig to hold the extra filled bobbins. My 130 is in a mid-century mod cabinet and has a knee control. I use this machine 90% of the time with the remainder of my time on the 301 and FW. It runs fast, and I like that.

I recently broke the shank of my generic walking foot and bought another one. The new one does not work as it should on this machine, but works ok on the FW. If anyone has any suggestions for a good walking foot for the Pfaff 130, I am interested in hearing about it.

Enjoy your machine!!

Dayle
Old 12-22-2012, 03:26 PM

Dayle, I have a few generic ones but I've not tried them. I'll have to test them out. Did you try removing the thread cutter? Whichever one you get, make sure it's the proper width. I think the 130 is 4mm? I'll let you know what I find.
Old 12-23-2012, 05:13 AM

Candace,

No thread cutter on my machine. Yes, it is the proper width. The one that I had that broke was a Singer that I picked up at a garage sale, and it worked fine. I plan to keep looking at garage sales and buy anything I find in a short shank walking foot until something works better. Right now whenever I need a walking foot, I use my 301 with a Singer walking foot held together with a rubber band -- I think it came with one of the 301's. I know that the 301 has the narrow feed dogs, and this walking foot shouldn't be effective, but works for me.

I would appreciate any information you find, Candace. Thanks!

Dayle
Old 12-23-2012, 05:51 PM

Dayle, I tried both my generic low shank walking feet on my 130 and they both worked fine. One was too wide for the feed dogs, so I won't be using that one-not as effective. But the other one fit perfectly. I think I got one at Joanne's years ago and the other, I don't remember where. I don't see any problem with any generic working properly on the 130 as long as it's not so tall as to hit the pressure foot lever on the back of the machine.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:44 PM

Default Your Favorite Pfaff 130 Parts Source

Where do you guys buy parts for your machines? I may need the lug belt (I hope I'm using the right term - not the timing belt). Mine looks a bit dry rotted. Someone recommended http://www.yaya-online.com/, but these guys are in the UK. There's got to be something closer to Chicago.
Old 12-24-2012, 05:21 AM

Candace,

I am chuckling about the concept you raise about the walking foot hitting the pressure foot lever. The Singer walking foot that broke had that problem. My solution was to use an extremely large rubber band positioned around the pressure foot lever and the pressure knob on top of the machine. It lifted the lever slightly -- just enough to give clearance to the walking foot, but not enough to actually raise the foot.

Concerning my current problem -- I am just going to have to try different models until I get a good fit.

Dayle
Old 12-24-2012, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by mo130 View Post
Where do you guys buy parts for your machines? I may need the lug belt (I hope I'm using the right term - not the timing belt). Mine looks a bit dry rotted. Someone recommended http://www.yaya-online.com/, but these guys are in the UK. There's got to be something closer to Chicago.
Many of us here use Sew Classic for parts.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by Daylesewblessed View Post
Candace,

I am chuckling about the concept you raise about the walking foot hitting the pressure foot lever. The Singer walking foot that broke had that problem. My solution was to use an extremely large rubber band positioned around the pressure foot lever and the pressure knob on top of the machine. It lifted the lever slightly -- just enough to give clearance to the walking foot, but not enough to actually raise the foot.

Concerning my current problem -- I am just going to have to try different models until I get a good fit.

Dayle
I'm sure you'll find one that works, eventually. Good luck!