Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fun & Done >

Fun & Done

Fun & Done

Old 03-03-2009, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by RedGarnet222
Maybe it is me, but I am thinking if you wanted to reverse the sashing to the back, wouldn't you just reverse the sizing of the bocks? Maybe not since the drag on the backing would occur while the flip sewing happened. I would say then, just make the front and backing the same size, cut the backing to the smaller size when you are finished, then meet the fronts together and sew the seam,and hem the way they say to the back. Am I right? I am dizzy just typing this. My abstract reasoning is really bad, girls. LoL!
is that the same as choosing the feature fabric as the backing and the (what should be the) backing fabric as the feature? are you just reversing the fabrics?

OMG. this seemed like such such a simple thread when i started. LOL! LOL ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

i want you all to promise that when they come to get me, you'll visit!
Old 03-03-2009, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by mkanderson
ok Got the pictures in here now!Here is what I did with some scraps for the string and a Bow Tie block I have been doing. I put the "string' one on like they had in the Fun & Done video. The Bow Tie block was already made so I just handquilted it to the batting and backing. I cut the back an inch bigger than my 12 inch block all the way around (14 inch block!)
PLEASE DO NOT LOOK AT MY STITCHING!!!!!
I can do better but was in a hurry to get this so I could show!!!
Mary

Mary,
What a neat idea!! (To make the block by machine and then handquilt it to the batting and backing!) Can't wait to try this method....
Old 03-03-2009, 04:32 PM
SC

OMG! This seemed so simple when I 1st saw it. I didn't know I was opening such a can of worms with my 1st post!!!
Old 12-28-2012, 07:20 AM
vjc

Default Fun and Done Batting Buddy

I just saw a video of it being used by the lady from Bayside Quilting. The template is actually two square pieces. Actually a square within a square. If you have never done a "sew as you go"quilt this is the one to make and learn from. Do watch the video. And definitely order the templates: Fun and Done Batting Buddy. I am ordering mine today. There are other "sew as you go" patterns out there but definitely this one is for the beginner. She also has other patterns on her site.

Originally Posted by SC View Post
Has anyone here ever made a "Fun & Done" quilt using Batting Buddy templates?
Old 12-28-2012, 12:24 PM
Power Poster

This is a very old posting but the Fun and Done quilt is still popular. I took a class some years ago and have the templates. The quilt is very dense when finished. I would use the lightest batting or thin flannel for batting. The stitching looks best if the thread matches and sinks in the fabric. I think the lawn fabric from Connecting Threads would be perfect for this quilt. It's very lightweight.