Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Did you lose weight in 2012? >
  • Did you lose weight in 2012?

• Did you lose weight in 2012?

Old 01-02-2013, 08:24 PM

Default Did you lose weight in 2012?

I lost 29 pounds since May, 2012. Have maintained through Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years! Am planning to resume my change of eating style next week. It was hard at first but through the work, I don't want to go back where I was before the eating style change or regain the weight. My goal for 2013 is to lose another 25-30 pounds and I am going to concentrate on the next 5 pounds to begin with...
    Old 01-02-2013, 08:26 PM

Congratulations on a job well done! Keep up the good work! We will all try to follow your great example....starting tomorrow. LOL
    Old 01-02-2013, 10:00 PM

I have lost about 50 lbs over the last 13 months. I am very happy. Have more to go but will continue working on it
    There is a weight loss thread on here for all that want to participate!
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/general...e-t209719.html

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!
    Old 01-03-2013, 04:03 AM

Happy New Year! I started my weight loss June 1, 2012. I have since lost 33 pounds I gained two pounds back in December. But working now to get back on track. I only have 8 pounds to reach my goal.

4 years ago I was diagnosed with severe sleep apnea at age 40 and I weighed 155 @ that time. But ended up weighing 162 june, 2012. I decided I didn't want to spend the next 40 years strapped to the machine. When I lose this next 8 pounds I hope to be down to 120 and get another sleep study done. Although my doctor doesn't feel hopeful I can get off it. She thinks its my genetic makeup. But I'm going to still try! She does think if my apneas are down I might qualify for a mouth piece instead of the machine....I'll take that! Lol

Wendy
    Old 01-03-2013, 04:20 AM

Due to a change in diet for medical reasons I lost approx. 20 lbs. in 2012. Had lost approx. 7 lbs. in 2011. Love the "new" clothes I found in an upstairs closet that fit once again! And now I actually enjoy clothes shopping once again!
    Old 01-03-2013, 04:44 AM

I lost 110 pounds last year w/o surgery ---just diet and exercise . I started on New years day. I have 30 more to go. That's why I'm up at 4:30 a.m. and headed the gym. Keeping it off is just as hard as losing it. I have rheumatoid arthritis and the diet change has been a god send. Good luck to all who will try ( and succeed!!) this year. You CAN do it.
    Old 01-03-2013, 05:21 AM

WOW Ladyjanedoe....good job! I have lost about 25 lbs since August...and need to loss a lot more. I have the confidence that we will ALL be weight lost winners this year.
    Old 01-03-2013, 06:02 AM

I lost 51 pounds and have reached my goal. Sometimes I still feel like I'm still heavy, I kept some of my old clothes and put them on just to see how much better I look.

Pat in MN
    Old 01-03-2013, 07:57 AM
    Power Poster

good for you!! I lost weight due to gall bladder and pancreas problems but do hope to keep it off.
    Old 01-03-2013, 08:50 AM

I don't know if I lost any weight this year, but I probably have. I have been slowly losing weight the past few years, because I wanted to become healthy. But this summer was the first time I stepped on a scale in years. I didn't want to get on the scale during my weight loss, because I was afraid it would become all about the numbers instead of how healthy I was or how I felt.

Anyway, I found out that I'm at a normal, healthy weight for the first time in my life. I feel good for the most part, but my self-esteem still hasn't caught up yet. So that's what I'm working on now.