Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
More Harbor Freight tools I need? >

More Harbor Freight tools I need?

More Harbor Freight tools I need?

Old 01-14-2013, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by marymay View Post
Oh look at their tool rolling cases.Men use them to carry their tools in. Lots of space great for your sewing machine. I bought mine for 19.99. Cheaper then buying a sewing machine case from Wal Mart or JoAnns
I suggested this a year or so ago and got royally flamed for it. Lol. Poster said I needed to support the quilting industry. I'll support them when they charge reasonable prices. $300 for a rolling case for my machine is not reasonable.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:37 AM

I do support my LQS. My machine case that I traval with was 250$ at JoAnns. I would rather buy one from HF.This way I can buy more fabric.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
I suggested this a year or so ago and got royally flamed for it. Lol. Poster said I needed to support the quilting industry. I'll support them when they charge reasonable prices. $300 for a rolling case for my machine is not reasonable.
Seems like no matter what it is, if they attach "quilting" to it in any way, they charge an outrageous prices for it. Pretty sad when people take advantage like that, but its everywhere and quilting has grown in leaps and bounds, so its another opportunity for someone to make money off the little guys. Some/most people are on a limited budget, they can not afford all the bells and whistles out there to do what they love. I'll support whoever has the best price for what I need at the moment. I know I'm not alone. so I guess what I'm trying to say is I'm sorry someone felt the need to make you feel bad for not filling the wallets of the greedy ones.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:25 AM

I love all the suggestions for items at HF. I can't wait to go there and find these and maybe other items!
Old 01-14-2013, 11:44 AM

A tool bag with wheels- perfect for my Singer portable machine. Has pockets inside and out!
$ 19.99 less 20% discount +free flashlight!
Evelyn in NJ
Old 01-14-2013, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by diamondee View Post
I guess what I'm trying to say is I'm sorry someone felt the need to make you feel bad for not filling the wallets of the greedy ones.
Thanks for that. I didn't feel bad, I just rolled my eyes and ate a jelly belly. Just because I don't want to spend $300 on a rolling cart doesn't mean I won't spend that same $300 on fabric, batting, and thread, which - surprise! - still supports the quilting industry. Ha.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:34 PM

If you do any sewing that requires turning tubes inside out, they have a 12" long gizmo (Item # 65709) that lets you grip and lock for much easier turning than the "feed a safety pin" method. Item # 69375 spring clamps for use to hold binding; Item # 621 center punch makes a great stilleto, too.

Originally Posted by PghPat View Post
Tomorrow are quilt group is going on an outing and we are going to stop at HF. I have some tools from there that have been recommended on this board that I can't live without...LOL...but I know there are more that I've read about but have not made note of. Attached is a pic of the ones I love...my FAVORITE is the screwdriver that makes life easier on the sewing machine. I also have their rotary blades and have some that are great and then some that will do in a pinch.

Can anyone clue me in on some that I should buy tomorrow? Thanks, Pat[ATTACH=CONFIG]387815[/ATTACH]
Old 01-14-2013, 05:56 PM

How about the tweezers with the crook at the end -- great of digging out all kinds of things. I like screwdrivers that have the magnetized tip to hold the screw when you remove it so it doesn't drop somewhere inaccessible. They are good for picking up pins that drop on the floor too. I got a set (of regular screwdrivers) on sale -- love them. The free flashlights (coupon in magazines, especially VA mags) are great. Most of my tools came from there. Have to watch the hubby -- he tries to sneak in and use them when he doesn't want to go to the cold garage for his own!

Also, this isn't for quilting but for the quilter -- I got a set of 3 solar lights, a hummingbird, a butterfly and a dragon fly each on a long stick. They change color -- so relaxing to watch at the end of the day.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:02 PM

I have the $5 12 inch magnets that hold my scissors and seam ripper and more. Also they have a wrist nail holder, works with pins!
Old 01-14-2013, 06:13 PM

Thanks for all the wonderful ideas!
Wanda K