Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Snail's trail question >
  • Snail's trail question

• Snail's trail question

Old 01-16-2013, 07:26 PM

Yep. Great idea. Sounds just like the ticket to me!
    Old 01-16-2013, 07:55 PM

As a former guardian of a Basenji mix, I think it's perfect. I'd say owner, but no one owned that little furgirl.
    Old 01-16-2013, 10:15 PM

Can't wait to finish. Please post pics!
    Old 01-17-2013, 03:20 AM

As a long time Pharaoh Hound breeder....who keeps looking for a Pharaoh Hound type pattern ( with no luck! ), I think the snail trail block perfectly mirrors the curl in a Basenji tail!! I do my rescue raffle quilts for my breed Nationals with fabric from my Egyptian fabric stash. I have looked at this pattern and thought, that does look a little like a Pharaoh but the many assorted Egytpian fabrics always win out! I am currently working on a quilt for the winner of the Trialathon and a small table mat for each entry. Have until Sept. when Pharaohs from across the country, and a few from overseas too, will meet at the new expo building at Purina Farms in St. Louis.
    Old 01-17-2013, 05:18 AM

What a neat idea!
    Old 01-18-2013, 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by irishrose
    As a former guardian of a Basenji mix, I think it's perfect. I'd say owner, but no one owned that little furgirl.

Spoken like a true basenji(mix) gueardian!
    Old 01-18-2013, 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by jodimarie
    As a long time Pharaoh Hound breeder....who keeps looking for a Pharaoh Hound type pattern ( with no luck! ), I think the snail trail block perfectly mirrors the curl in a Basenji tail!! I do my rescue raffle quilts for my breed Nationals with fabric from my Egyptian fabric stash. I have looked at this pattern and thought, that does look a little like a Pharaoh but the many assorted Egytpian fabrics always win out! I am currently working on a quilt for the winner of the Trialathon and a small table mat for each entry. Have until Sept. when Pharaohs from across the country, and a few from overseas too, will meet at the new expo building at Purina Farms in St. Louis.
    It's a new pattern (to me) and first I'm making a black/white block so as not to waste any basenji color fabric. I'm thinking of later maybe making this into a table topper or small wallhanging and then giving it to whoever first donates ??dollars to BRAT (our rescue) I'm going to have to check with them about the legalities of this though.
    Before my accident I had donated quilt 'trophies' for our national, I think maybe I'll try that again.

Since you mentioned Purina Farms: The year our national show was there the AKC, which has their museum in St Louis, was having a display of dog quilts, from any breed club that wanted to participate. Our club had nothing, so I said I'd make one to display there. The timing was such that the display was done the same week as our national, so we had a raffle at the national. People there bought tickets, I think for $1, and we drew the name of the person who won the quilt as part of some meeting. It raised (I think) $1200 for the club.
    I've learned so much about quilting since then, I'm a little embarrassed of the quilt I made.
    I received a really neat brochure with photos of all the quilts there. If I find it, I’ll share some on this board.
    Old 01-18-2013, 06:48 AM

great idea, looks good to me.