Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Statement of Stash Flow >

Statement of Stash Flow

Statement of Stash Flow

Old 01-25-2013, 09:32 AM

Are you nuts???? What if your husband found it?????
Old 01-25-2013, 10:32 AM

I think my heart skipped a beat at such a horrible idea--there's a time for work but it is not during my quilting time
Originally Posted by erstan947 View Post
NO!!!! quilting is my escape from the rest of the world. I want NO accountability Keep us posted on how this works for you....lol
Old 01-25-2013, 10:44 AM

oh no no..... if anyone knew my spending of my stash.... oh hell would that be ugly!
Old 01-25-2013, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
I've seen those stash in, stash out reports on blogs and always wondered why anyone would care. And I'm not being snarky, I really wonder that! I don't keep track of other people's stash, why would my inventory interest anyone?
I don't read blogs.....and this is probably one reason, in my mind,.......the few that I did read before I decided to not read them anymore were so like reading a teenager's diary......I don't care how many kids someone I don't know has, what was done yesterday, vacation, blah, blah.....tells me some people are just so narsacistic and juvenile......I think they think they are on tv on a reality show.......scary thing is the whole world, including "strange" ones has access to this info and then can dig deeper....no thanks, I will just stick w/friends face to face----exception being here...so much new stuff to learn, share, warn about............
Old 01-25-2013, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ View Post
i wouldn't dare try that.
i'd be so covered in red ink that some er doc would be sure i needed stitches somewhere. LOL
thanks for the laugh.
Old 01-25-2013, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
I don't read blogs.....and this is probably one reason, in my mind,.......the few that I did read before I decided to not read them anymore were so like reading a teenager's diary......I don't care how many kids someone I don't know has, what was done yesterday, vacation, blah, blah.....tells me some people are just so narsacistic and juvenile......I think they think they are on tv on a reality show.......scary thing is the whole world, including "strange" ones has access to this info and then can dig deeper....no thanks, I will just stick w/friends face to face----exception being here...so much new stuff to learn, share, warn about............
I thought I was the only one that didn't want to read all the blah, blah, blah on someones blog. Since there are now at least one other than me that thinks that I can feel I'm normal. HA
Old 01-25-2013, 02:26 PM

At least our "interest" in our stash is not taxable like interest on our savings accounts.
Old 01-25-2013, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by erstan947 View Post
NO!!!! quilting is my escape from the rest of the world. I want NO accountability Keep us posted on how this works for you....lol
I totaly agree. If I had that in writing it would be more fuel for the fire for DH. He loves my quilting but does not want to know how much it costs nor do I want to know how much he spends on his gun collection or the tools in our two shops.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:16 PM

The BF and I had this discussion last night. We talked about a 'fabric budget' since I don't want to outgrow my sewing room and too much mess drives me right out the door. He response was to add up how much I spent last year and average it to a monthly amount - has he lost his mind? - tell him how much was really spent?? I just muttered 'you really don't want to know...' and left the room before he could ask more.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
I don't read blogs........I don't care how many kids someone I don't know has, what was done yesterday, vacation, blah, blah....
Well, I don't consider those to be "quilting" blogs, those are personal blogs. There are a few excellent quilting blogs out there, most of them are by people who are employed in the quilting industry.

http://erinrussek.typepad.com/one-piece-at-a-time/
https://ankastreasures.wordpress.com/
http://www.ohfransson.com/oh_fransson/
http://crazymomquilts.blogspot.com/
http://www.jillilystudio.blogspot.com/