Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Gray haired "old woman" and JoAnn's young sales clerk >

Gray haired "old woman" and JoAnn's young sales clerk

Gray haired "old woman" and JoAnn's young sales clerk

Old 10-28-2009, 06:52 PM
Power Poster

That is so funny, and what a great comeback. I can never think that fast on my feet.
Old 10-29-2009, 07:12 AM

Good one. Reminds me of a grocery store clerk I went to a few years back. Apparently a college student that had skipped Jr High!! I purchased a bunch of banana's that were priced at 3/1.00. The clerk looked at them, placed them on the scale and didn't know what to punch into the register. I told her they were 3 for 1.00 (3 pounds for 1.00) and she took them off the scale and started to count them. I then suggested she punch in .34 a pound just to give her brain a rest!!
Old 10-29-2009, 07:14 AM

A teacher just recommended that I get a ham to press open the seams on my One Block Wonder blocks. I guess I'll go to Krogers . . . ROFLMAO
Old 10-29-2009, 07:32 AM

Boy, I wish I could think that quickly. A teacher once said, "the people working in stores are not hired because of their knowledge!" I find that true not only in fabric stores but also home improvement & other types of stores.
Old 10-29-2009, 07:53 AM

Oh my gosh, that's the funniest thing I've heard in a long time!! I laughed out loud--what a great way to start my day. Thanks for sharing. :D
Old 10-29-2009, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by harrishwhippets
OH MY GOSH, good one!!! You never know what will happen when you go there. Last time I went there they had a big clearance sale and I bought over 30 yards. The girl was slamming the bolts around very miffed she had to cut all those yards. Not one was under 2 yards. I know she was cutting for a while non stop, but her attitude was horrible. She proceeded to tell me how horrible it was to do that all day. Told her she could go on my unemployment and I would cut her fabric with a smile and thank people for comming. Whats up with rudness today???
It's horrible! It seems that the employER would let them know what is expected of them and if they can't abide by that -- oh well, toodle-oo! I have found that as I get older, the work ethics of the younger employees gets worse and worse. I've come across so many employees who don't mind letting their "mood" show. Just 2 weeks ago, I told a young lady who was cutting yardage for me, "I would love to have your job." It didn't phase her in the least.
Old 10-29-2009, 08:10 AM

OOOH, I am still laughing!!! Too funny! Since I am an official old lady I haven't had anything that funny happen, but I do get some of the sweet but patronizing and/or rude attitudes that some young like to direct toward the old.
I have some enjoyable moments though whan a very young clerk is having a problem calculating 10%, or 25% or 50% off with the calculator & I tell them what the answer should be & they give me that look that is saying "OMG" she must be a witch!"
Old 10-29-2009, 08:12 AM

PS
But have to admit that on the other hand I sometimes have to ask my 11 yr old neighbor girl to help me with the computer.
Old 10-29-2009, 08:25 AM

That is just too funny!!! What a quick wit you have. It probably just flew right over her head above all that hot air she had up there!
Old 10-29-2009, 08:29 AM
Banned

I know just what you mean about JoAnn's. I use to work there up until 3 days ago.
Everything happens for a reason..................................