Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How many quilting projects do you have going at the same time? >

How many quilting projects do you have going at the same time?

How many quilting projects do you have going at the same time?

Old 02-02-2013, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by mighty View Post
Oh my you guys are good!! I am so narrow minded I can only handle one project at a time!
Honey, you are NOT narrow minded-------------you are single minded. You get one thing done before starting 3 more. I dare say, quite a few of us wish we could be single minded, too.
Old 02-03-2013, 04:02 AM

I am right along with you ladies. When I see something new, I want to make that. I have 4 quilts to put together and plastic zippered bags of blocks that I have started for other quilts (6). I also sleep, eat and thing about quilting.
Old 02-03-2013, 04:38 AM

I don't let myself have more than 2 projects going. Usually I have one in progress and starting on one. I force myself to finish them that way.
Old 02-03-2013, 04:44 AM

Just completed my first quilt, a king size. What a first project. Twelve cross stitch wildflower blocks machine sashed. Borders added and hand quilted. Some mistakes but nobody is perfect. Learned a lot. Have another twin size top (pinwheel) completed and sandwiched. Still need to quilt. My husband just bought me a new machine since my only one was 45 years old. I do have a Singer treadle which belonged to his grandmother.
Old 02-03-2013, 05:03 AM

Far too many! I've been trying to get better about that though. I like ot have some small projects on the go to work on while doing a larger project. ..unless for some reason there's a time frame (even if it's in my own head!). My problem is I'll come here and read and follow links and then I want that one and that one and that one. Or I go to a fabric store and see all the beautiful fabrics and again I go: I want that one and that one and that one.... LOL
Old 02-03-2013, 05:08 AM

I would say at least 20, really too many to count, have a bunch of charity quilts I am working on, just finishing up a quilted purse I decided to make Friday night, have at least 6 quilt tops that need to be quilted, but my shoulder has been bothering me so trying to push a quilt thru a 5.5" harp space isnt doing it any favors. I am saving for a Brother PQ1500, with a 9" space. As I always say, there was no such thing as ADD when I was a kid, it was sit down and shut up, lol. But I get bored with a project start another one, then go back to the 1st, then start another, etc, etc. But they do all get finished eventually.
Old 02-03-2013, 06:13 AM

Dear Bamagal, I was bitten by the quilt virus several years ago, in 1995. Since then it's gotten only worse, with
the climbing of the years. I also eat, sleep, and dream quilts. Sometimes it's even difficult to fall asleep, because
I keep thinking of what will be my next project and what colour combinations I plan to use. Because of this dilemma
I have decided that a little discipline might help, and in any case, would not worsten my "condition". I now make just two quilts at a time: Quilt nr.1 is in it's early stages of cutting the fabrics and piecing them on my machine.
Quilt nr. 2 is now in it's finishing stages of hand-quilting, binding, then adding a quilt-sleeve and at last the label.
Working on just 2 quilts at a time, gives me more than enough inspiration to work these 2 projects...
and finish them!
Old 02-03-2013, 06:18 AM

I have three quilt tops complete minus borders and one I just started, plus plans for like a dozen more.
Old 02-03-2013, 06:21 AM

GrannieAnnie I can relate to your comment. I love. Making the tops working out the ,ATMs finding fabric changing patterns etc etc. but the sandwich and further quilting doesn't have the same appeal . At present I know. I am working on 3 but no time to punt the quilt tops ready to quilt. . Is this an addiction or are we I'll. any tablets that can repair this obsession . If so I need a bucket load. .
Old 02-03-2013, 06:26 AM

I have 23 that I have actively listed in a group called Lazy Bums I joined last August. That is down from 31 at the start, but up 1 with the new BOM started Jan 2013. Instead of thinking in terms of total divide and overcome.