Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Bernina blues >
  • Bernina blues

• Bernina blues

Old 02-03-2013, 05:07 PM

Default Bernina blues

My bernina artistic 200 has died...it has been act up for severalweeksing accounting for three trips to the dealer for repair which didn't happened....it would sew just fine,then stop....now there is nothing...just a black screen....the repairman thought Inhad too many other things in use...lamps, iron,etc....so I ran a heavy duty extension cord to another circuit....the machine sewed for 30 minutes....the. When I came back to sew again, that is when nothing worked! )Has anyone else experienced a similar problem....I guess we are talking about a "mother board"......I have been
    Happy with the machine which I purchased from a resident where I live and which had been purchased 8 years ago from the dealer with whomI am working...very frustrating
    Old 02-03-2013, 05:51 PM

I had my Bernina 440 at a quilt retreat out in the country, right after I got back home it stopped working. My dealer said it was do to a low power going to it, and damaged the motherboard. It was still under warranty at the time. From then on, I have all of my computerized sewing machines plugged into a battery pack surge protecter, that you can pick up at Best Buy for about 40 bucks. I warned my guild about it, but the same thing happened to another quilter at another quilt retreat with her machine.
    Old 02-03-2013, 06:17 PM
    Power Poster

I had my Brother 1500 ps high speed machine at a class and it would not sew, just start and then just stop. When I got home the machine worked fine. The repairman said it wasn't getting enough power. ? It was plugged in a strip with other machines all going to one plug and all the other machines were sewing fine that was plugged in to it. No computer on this machine so it didn't hurt anything. I haven't had a problem since. I don't take any computerized machine to classes that I may have to share a plug with several people.