Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
Tried in vain to post a picture >

Tried in vain to post a picture

Tried in vain to post a picture

Old 02-05-2013, 07:45 PM

Default Tried in vain to post a picture

I have read and reread how to post pictures and just cant get it to work. I never had trouble before as I have posted many pictures. Could there be a setting on the computer I have to fix?
Old 02-05-2013, 08:55 PM
Power Poster

There are some former posts on posting from your computer but I can't help as I am computer challenged. I can only post pictures from my IPad.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:25 AM

I've had a bit of trouble posting pictures here the past few days. Sometimes the window with the option to upload from my computer hasn't been complete - no box for the file name - and other times nothing has happened when I've clicked upload. I'm using really small pictures, so that's not the issue. I've usually found that if I go away for 10 minutes then try again, it's OK. It seems a bit flaky though.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:48 AM
Power Poster

it's easy. Click on the square that has a tree in it(insert image icon) in the row above the reply box.
A pop up window opens up.
Click on computer and a browser window shows.
Click on browse and find your pic on your computer.
click on open in your computer window.
It will add the pic here in the box. click on post reply and you should see your post with picture appear in teh thread.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]393450[/ATTACH]

You can also use the go advanced if you'd rather. It isn't hard either.
Click on the go advanced button below this window.
Scan down til you see Manage Attachments
Click on the Manage Attachments button
You will see a browse window
Click on browse
find your pic on your computer
Click on the pic and then on open in your window
then you will be back to browse
Click on upload(under browse )
This takes a few seconds.
Repeat browse and add more pics til you are done
Click on the Close Window button at the top of that Window.
Then continue to post your reply
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Windmill - 300.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	393450  
Old 02-06-2013, 12:55 AM

Sometimes it's just that the board is too busy to cope with the amount of 'traffic', which is why annesthreads gets hers to load later. Other times it's the picture file size.

As cameras get better, they use more pixels to produce a better quality picture. Picture 'memory' can also increase with the amount of colour, density etc in the picture, making the file too big for the board. Bit like trying to get a pillow in a cushion cover. In order to get the picture to load it has to fit the amount of 'room' allowed.

If you have your picture saved onto your computer, right-click on it and several options will appear. Click on 'Open with' and several picture programmes will appear. I like Microsoft Office as it's really easy, but other programmes already on your computer will have the same features.

Once you're in your chosen programme, click on 'Edit', then on right hand side (in MS Office) find 'Resize'. You'll have options to either choose % of picture size or Pixel size. With the camera I'm using at the moment, 75% of the original is fine. Save the now changed image to your picture folder and upload as normal.

Hope this works for you
Old 02-07-2013, 07:14 AM

Well, I finally did it. I didn't use the tree thing, I went advanced and it worked. I think I was trying to post during the busy times before so I will try the other way again another time. Thanks for all the feedback.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:13 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Maureen View Post
Well, I finally did it. I didn't use the tree thing, I went advanced and it worked. I think I was trying to post during the busy times before so I will try the other way again another time. Thanks for all the feedback.

I'm glad you got it figured out.
I use both for different reasons. the image (tree) insert will allow me to put a pic in the middle of hte text.
And the go advanced will let me post 10 pics in a row. The thing with manage attachments is the pics are posted so close together and I prefer to have some space between them.