Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Pieced, but not quilted >

Pieced, but not quilted

Pieced, but not quilted

Old 02-16-2013, 06:31 AM

Nice quilts! I hope you continue to heal very fast so you can get back to all the facets of quilting!
Old 02-16-2013, 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by twinkie View Post
Hi. Just wanted you to know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I fell in April, 2012 and destroyed both my shoulder rotator cuffs and bicep tendons. Had extensive surgery on both 7 weeks apart and now have 4 screws in each shoulder and a footprint repair on each. They had to remove the bicep tendon and I am scheduled to complete therapy on February 27th. It has been one of the most painful and difficult things I have gone through so my heart goes out to you. I am still not quilting except small projects. Just remember to do what they tell you. The road is long but it is well worth it. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Wow, Twinkie, your post almost made me cry! I feel sorry for myself because I have two plastic anchors in one shoulder- I cannot imagine what it must be like to have both arms out of commission. This has been the most painful thing I have ever been through- and that includes childbirth! There are days when I leave therapy that I just sit in my truck and cry- and not being able to sleep the entire night without waking up at least once because of pain- I can assure you that it has made me very aware of every move I make- I don't ever want to go through anything like this again. But as bad as it is for me, it's worse for you. Thank you so much for posting.
Old 02-16-2013, 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by meanmom View Post
WOW Sharoney that is the same way I tore my rotator cuff 2 years ago. I was picking tomatoes and tripped over a tomato cage too. I shredded my rotator cuff and tore a couple of ligaments and tendons. I have 6 screws in my shoulder. It is almost completely better. Do your exercises. There are a couple of spots that are still a little bit stiff but if I did my exercises it would be fine. Pretty much the only thing that is a little off is when I try to throw something and stretching to reach the top shelf in a closet. Good luck.
That is the thing I hear over and over- do your exercises- so I do, even though I hate them
Old 02-16-2013, 07:02 AM

Beautiful quilts. Be hard to choose a favorite.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:15 AM

Love those..especially love the colors of the first one! Glad you are better on on the mend!
Old 02-16-2013, 08:28 AM
Power Poster

They are 2 very beautiful quilts. It's tough to be side-lined and not be able to quilt, I know, I spent 4 months in rehab after surgery for a spinal cord injury - ruptuted disk in my neck. I'm having trouble with my rotator cuff now, but if the tests show that I've torn it, I won't be too anxious to have surgery - I am the designated drive in my house, hubby can't drive because of severe vertigo and hasn't driven in over 6 years. I love the colors in your HST quilt, and how you pieced the border. Great quilts. Hope you get back in the saddle again, cause once you do it will "feel so good". Get better quickly and happy piecing until they give you the OK to FMQ.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:30 AM

Your quilts are super! I can relate to the torn rotator cuff scene. I've both arms done, and then later had a shoulder replacement. I hate to be our of commission when I cant quilt.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:30 AM

Love this quilt!! So bright and cheery!
Old 02-16-2013, 08:51 AM

Your creativity is still going strong! Speedy recovery with the arm. Quilts are beautiful.
Old 02-16-2013, 09:00 AM

Oh My, so sorry to hear what happened to you!! Those darn tomato cages! Your quilts are beautiful! Please show them again after quilting! Hope you can get back to it soon! Thank Goodness you can piece!