Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Who takes classes at Craftsy? >

Who takes classes at Craftsy?

Who takes classes at Craftsy?

Old 02-16-2013, 09:37 AM

I have taken several classes, and I do their Block of the Month Club ( Free). Great support
Old 02-16-2013, 11:07 AM

I have almost all their quilting classes. I purchased one I was not happy with. I posted a review not knowing you could get a refund. They sent me an email and gave me a refund right away. Leah Day is going to have 2 new classes this spring. Can't wait.
Old 02-16-2013, 11:13 AM

You might try watching again. I was having trouble and contacted them. I have noticed the last couple of weeks I don't have any trouble with the video working. I think they fixed something on their end.

Originally Posted by Annaquilts View Post
I tried but could never get the video to work so I gave up after the free time. I would like it to work as the classes look nice and I can not get to any in person.
Old 02-16-2013, 12:00 PM

I have taken several of their quilting classes. I love them all! I buy when they go on sale. I bought two today because they were on sale. I agree that it is like buying a quilt book. There are usually several patterns in one class. It is better than going to a class in person because you can watch it over and over when you need it. I work better when I am in the quiet of my own studio with no distractions. The added bonus is that you don't have to pack up all your "stuff" and take it to the quilt shop. I have learned a lot from the classes.
Old 02-16-2013, 01:06 PM

I have done a couple of their classes. I have really enjoyed them! I think that they are worth money, especially when they are having a sale!
Old 02-16-2013, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by karenpatrick View Post
I have taken a couple of classes and they were OK. The thing that bugs me about Craftsy is their advertising. Everywhere I go on the internet is an ad for Craftsy, either their fabrics or their classes. I get REALLY tired of seeing their ads everywhere I go. I know they have targeted advertising since I have taken their classes, but this is ridiculous. I will NEVER take another class or buy any fabric from them because their advertising is so intrusive.
I whole heartedly agree. I am sick of it EVERYWHERE I go on the internet as tho I were being stalked!!!!
Old 02-16-2013, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts View Post
I tried but could never get the video to work so I gave up after the free time. I would like it to work as the classes look nice and I can not get to any in person.
You can contact Craftsy Technical Dept for assistance. They are always very helpful.
Old 02-16-2013, 04:00 PM

Last year I did the free Craftsy.com BOM. The teacher, Amy, is so good that I bought her Sugar Block series. I m making blocks I would not have attempted. I am a very opinionated retired art teacher. Believe me, Amy is good!
Old 02-16-2013, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by AlienQuilter View Post
They are having a sale right now and I'm sitting here wondering if I should sign up for a couple.

Any recommendations?
Craftsy is a wonderful site for classes and the price is right even if you paid price. I've signed up for more than a dozen in the last year and a half. When they have half price or less I sign up for couple or more at a time.

You can go back to the classes anytime for review if you want to.
Old 02-16-2013, 04:29 PM

I have taken several and loved all of them!