Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilting Quickly Magazine >

Quilting Quickly Magazine

Quilting Quickly Magazine

Old 02-22-2013, 09:18 AM

I had looked everywhere for it with no luck. I walked into the super market yesterday and there it was. So anyone from Texas look at HEB. The lady who stocks told me they only leave quilting mag's out for a week and then change them out because there are so many and they only have room for so many. She was sweet enough to find another one I was looking for in the back.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:27 AM

There have been 2 issues of "Quilting Quickly" published by Fons & Porter. The first one out on the newstand was the Spring 2013 Issue. ( "display until March 11, 2013" printed on Spring issue in lower left corner) I just picked up the 2nd issue at Barnes & Noble here in the Tampa, Florida area and it is the Summer 2013 issue. This magazine by Editor Jenny Doan from Missouri Star Quilt Company will be 4 issue a year. As with other quilt magazines that are quarterly issues a year - - - there is no subscription. We'll have to pick them up at various locations where we see quilting magazines. Jenny Doan and family are a great success story ! I hope that the partnership with the Fons & Porter Publications are rewarding for all Photography is clear as are all the patterns and directions. Love the duck !! quack-quack
Old 02-22-2013, 09:27 AM

It is my understanding that the only affilication MSQ has with F&P is the publication of their quarterly magazine. MSQ will remain on its own as usual for fabric and tutorials.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:27 PM

Got my copy today at Joann's. Don't get there very often as it is 25 miles down the road, but DH has his Chemo at hospital near there and he went with me and I found mag. so, even though it was very costly, bought it because Jerry was in it. At least I didn't pay shipping. Didn't get to look around as much as I wanted but can do that in two weeks while DH is having his next 3hrs of chemo.
Old 02-22-2013, 02:51 PM

I got the first one from MSQ with Jennys signature on it. Thought it was a novelty. Didn't know there would be more. Don't know if I would buy them..just because..like I did the first. Would probably look through to see if there is something I just had to have. I notice in my email from F/P they link to videos with Jenny. I just hope that whatever the relationship it is benefical for Jenny and family and doesn't price them out of the market. I also agree that I have stopped many magazines because of "too much advertising". I have a problem paying to read advertising. Know what I mean?
Old 02-22-2013, 05:32 PM

I agree with you. I found a copy at JoAnns and refused to pay that much for a magazine especially if it is related to Fons and Porter.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:00 PM
Power Poster

How odd !!! I thought I was ordering the magazine on MSQC site and later they told me they did not seel books or magazines. Instead I bought online classes, which I'm not interested in. I ask for them to refund my money and they did. Gave me free classes anyway which I won't use as I am not interested in them.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:07 PM

I finally got mine at Joanns - 10 percent off...so 8.99 - I have been there week after week...and they just put them out. Yah...I am sooo glad that the video will be there also to help, but nice to have the pattern.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:12 PM

Oh...and the magazine was really good...I was afriad at first since many do have so many advertisements...but this one did not in my opinion. It really is nicely done...Congrats Jenny!!!!
Old 02-22-2013, 06:17 PM

I have learnt so much from Jenny for free that I really did not mind paying for the magazine at all...Thanks again Jenny...you are wonderful and so glad you still share your knowledge with many of us who would have given up if not for the wonderful tips and tutorials!!
Originally Posted by sewmom View Post
I also think you get a little more detail with the magazine than on the videos. A new quilter might not know enough to avoid some confusion just watching the video. I love the magazine and have it loaned out to a friend that is just starting out. It is a little pricey, but it's also put together nicely.