Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
February Secret Pal Swap Closed January 31st 4pm >

February Secret Pal Swap Closed January 31st 4pm

February Secret Pal Swap Closed January 31st 4pm

Old 02-21-2013, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
Before I forget Krystyna no need for flip flops, I have every color of crocs I can send you, I live in them!! Have this tendon thing, shoes are not a reality anymore.
Jaba,

I too live in crocs! I thought I was the only person out there, nice to know I'm not the only one. I've had surgery on both feet and the only shoes that I feel the most comfortable in are crocs. They may not make a fashion statement but my feet thank me every day for wearing them :-)

Last edited by Sibi; 02-21-2013 at 07:14 PM.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:48 PM

Received a very nice package from Happylab-Karen today. It was so nice! My camera won't speak with this site so I will do my best in letting you know what I received. I got a book by Elizabeth Lynn Casey, goes with another one I have just received. I will definitely be listing the books I don't have in her series. I can't wait to dive into it. I received three "kid print" fabrics. Will be using those in a quilts for kids quilt. Plus a pair of cross stitch towels to do. That are Santa's. Will allow me enough time to get those done for the coming holiday. Thank you so much for my package Karen!
Old 02-22-2013, 02:44 AM

Has the March swap been listed yet? I have participated in the past and am eager to start again in March
Old 02-22-2013, 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by nikki128 View Post
Has the March swap been listed yet? I have participated in the past and am eager to start again in March
Not yet nikki128 but soon! Probably in a couple of days.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by Sibi View Post
Jaba,

I too live in crocs! I thought I was the only person out there, nice to know I'm not the only one. I've had surgery on both feet and the only shoes that I feel the most comfortable in are crocs. They may not make a fashion statement but my feet thank me every day for wearing them :-)
I live in crocs for everyday wear in the winter - have you tried the "dress shoe" crocs, and do they feel like the regular ones?
Old 02-22-2013, 07:20 AM

If you're talking about the "mary Janes" no I haven't, makes me thing of the little orphan annie style shoe for some reason. I just buy the regular ones with the holes around the toes and the ones without for the winter so my feet don't get all wet. Doctor told me to never wear high back styles again, I've tried . The achilles tendon swells up like crazy in about an hour and off they come. Even in tennis shoes, it's just the pressure on the back of my foot I guess. Live with it as it will never go away. I do order them off the internet, lots cheaper and free shipping to you and back if you have to return them for any reason. Haven't gone to the PO yet today, our little rural PO is only open 4 hrs, Mon thru Fri afternoons, but it is still open thank heavens. Maybe I'll have a package today.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:10 AM

Default Thanks Knitette

Please excuse any typing errrors. My fingertips split in the winter and it really hurts to type.

I received my great package from Knitette, she enclosed a note with lots of information about Scotland and I liked learning about her country and all about her.

I hope I can list it all and not forget anything.

She sent a tourist booklet of Scotland, wrapping paper with Scottish pictures on it, a darling coaster with thistles on it to put around the bottom of my wine glass, post card with pictures of her area, barrettes for binding clips, spool of embroidery thread, small tube of Chanel #5 lotion, bobbins and bobbin wraps.

Fat quarters of kitty fabric tied with ribbon called Buchanan and treats for Sassy which she has been eating and loves, tea bags of whiskey, thistle, and heather teas, Scottish candy called Lucky Tatties tied with Royal Stewart tartan ribbon which I have been eating. That is why the bag looks almost empty.

And................I got the beautiful pink pouch she made. I love it! It's going on vacation with me! I will definitely put something in it. Not sure what yet because I want to keep it nice.

Thanks, Eileen, it is a very nice swap package and I am glad you were my secret pal. Hope I didn't forget anything. Pictures posted...........
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	feb 2013 sp knitette 001.JPG
Views:	384
Size:	789.1 KB
ID:	397050   Click image for larger version

Name:	feb 2013 sp knitette 002.JPG
Views:	391
Size:	870.9 KB
ID:	397051  
Old 02-22-2013, 08:25 AM

I'm so glad your parcel arrived safely! I don't know what happened this month - probably Customs. I posted them nearly three weeks ago. That's the longest so far. Hopefully I'll hear from my other Pal soon.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy View Post
Not yet nikki128 but soon! Probably in a couple of days.
Thanks Lori I can't wait
Old 02-22-2013, 09:34 AM

That butterfly dress -- does it come in size 16W??? I think it will be so stunning (overwhelming) that no one will notice what size it is. Bigger is better, right? I really do like it, and admire the designer for their style and color. Maybe in a much, much smaller size it could cover a roll of tissue like those dolls with the "filter" or crocheted dresses we used to have, or stretch it out over a satin bedspread like the old days when we actually worried about making our beds (mom made us). Wings, toe shoes, and a magic wand with lots of sparkles are essential accessories. edge by his