Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
My version of the Missouri Star Quilt Company Periwinkle Quilt >

My version of the Missouri Star Quilt Company Periwinkle Quilt

My version of the Missouri Star Quilt Company Periwinkle Quilt

Old 02-28-2013, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by psailer View Post
i love the blocks so far keep us posted.. how much fabric did you use for you background msqc was 7 5/8 that is alot of fabric but it was for a queen size..
I haven't measured that out yet! I just cut a bunch of 3 1/2" x 4" rectangles and when I need more I will cut them. As soon as I finish all my blocks I will figure it out and let you know!
Old 02-28-2013, 12:24 PM

Your quilt blocks are fabulous! Thank you so much for the information you provided about the block and the link. I can't wait to see your whole quilt!
Old 02-28-2013, 12:33 PM

I love how you did that no paper piecing and so accurate.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:06 PM
Power Poster

I love it! It's going to be wonderful. Love your method, too...
Old 02-28-2013, 06:42 PM

Pictures are great and so are your beautiful blocks. Thanks for the inspiration!
Old 02-28-2013, 07:39 PM

Beautiful!
Old 02-28-2013, 11:46 PM

i have this tool and thought it was off also. when you lay the first strip on the line and sew the 1/4" seam inside the ruler line in both sides it should be correct. the 1st one i made i sewed on the line and realized it wouldn't work. the 2nd time i did it the points all lined up ! try again and see if this helps.
Old 03-01-2013, 02:26 AM

Originally Posted by sophia View Post
Thank You , I have ordered the template and paper now what to do for i am not wanting my points to be cut off too.
I printed two blocks also and they are so pretty and neat. this a great paper piced block for a beginner. I fine copy paper is so hard to pull off so I had to lock my seams as not to pull the threds out. it is a six inch block. I love this forum and have gotten such great tips on how to make a quilt top everyone is so helpful thank you
I agree with you that copy paper is hard to tear off the finished blocks. I have found if I use a tiny stitch length the paper will come/tear off without pulling out the stitches. Also my copier will take papers for foundation piecing from that patchwork place. I bought 100 sheets somewhere, sometime for $12.95. It is about the weight of newsprint. I am going to make this quilt too!
Old 03-01-2013, 04:33 AM

Good Morning, I got the periwinkle kit from msqc yesterday and Jenny's new book which I LOVE. The template in the magazine is not like the one that goes with the kit. it cut all my points off just like you said. so I copied the one in the magazine and shortened it at the big inside part. not the part where the points are. I made one block last night it look like the points will remain. I used the paper too. I got to use this I can't afford just to let it sit. (( DH )) ????? keeps asking ( What are you making?? with all those packages that you are getting? hahaaa I just say " I am working my brain" and he says thats good lol. ths is all new to me but let me say it will keep this old brain working
thank you all for the helpful hints
Old 03-01-2013, 06:07 PM

Pretty! More, More!