Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
March Secret Pal Swap Closes 4pm Feb 28th >

March Secret Pal Swap Closes 4pm Feb 28th

March Secret Pal Swap Closes 4pm Feb 28th

Old 03-06-2013, 09:15 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Crafty Darlene View Post
SP here's another hint for you this is made with your favorite color. Hope you like it! You've also been sewing for a very long time so don't look too close! LOL!
,wow pretty and in my colors... wish I was in this months swap. maybe next month. someone is a lucky swapper though.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by mscupid804 View Post
Belfrybat, you are not obligated to get the most wanted item, only if you want to and are able. It's just a good suggestion of getting something your sp actually wants. I have gone way over budget many times, and so have others, but you don't have to. I myself, will always get the most wanted item for my sp so long as it doesn't cost over $20, but that's me. I do this because I know it's something my sp wants the most, not because I have to. I have seen you other times mention money as an issue in this swap. All you are obligated to spend is $10 (that does NOT include S&H), nothing more unless you want to. And that doesn't mean get everything at the dollar store. Others spend more because either they want to or have collected things in the past by getting on sale or buying 2 or 3 of the same while out, etc. So as long you yourself are spending your $10 budget, stop worrying about the rest. I like the most wanted item to stay for reasons I have already stated.
I think I send out good packages within a $10 - 12. range, so you don't need to lecture me. Unfortunately two of my SPs have not posted what I've sent, but I would have been very happy to get those items. What I'm saying in my post is what is the point of putting something like a longarm machine, embroidery machine, Janome 7700 or something like that in the ONE (and it's capitalized on the form) spot? I don't care how generous someone is they are not going to provide something like that in this swap. So to me, the person is missing out on getting a nifty notion, pattern or such that they might enjoy that is within the parameters of this swap.

Last edited by Belfrybat; 03-06-2013 at 10:25 AM.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Belfrybat View Post
I think I send out good packages within a $10 - 12. range, so you don't need to lecture me.
Belfrybat, I wasn't trying to "lecture" you, simply explaining the most wanted item. And I never said anything about your $10 pkgs so don't jump me. A lot of us on here listen to the same old swappers complaining all the time about this or that, and the simple solution is....don't join the swap. <--JMHO, NOT an invitation to argue.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:03 PM

Wow I don't understand all the bickering on here. I really enjoy getting anything, even if I didn't ask for it. I don't post often and when I do my post don't usually get any responses. This is one reason I don't usually join things on account of bickering but up until lately that had not been going on in this group, why now? Lets just enjoy what we get and if you don't want it or like just pass it on. Now that I have said my piece I will go back to my corner.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:04 PM

SP Hints for today...Doesn't like licorice and doesn't own an embroidery machine.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by catjo View Post
SP Hints for today...Doesn't like licorice and doesn't own an embroidery machine.
This could be me..... hehehehe

Last edited by mscupid804; 03-06-2013 at 12:52 PM.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by catjo View Post
Hmm...veddy interesting
Old 03-06-2013, 01:09 PM

My sp most wanted item arrived in the post today. I am not going to count them because it would take me ages. she has feline friends .
Old 03-06-2013, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by verna2197 View Post
Wow I don't understand all the bickering on here. I really enjoy getting anything, even if I didn't ask for it. I don't post often and when I do my post don't usually get any responses. This is one reason I don't usually join things on account of bickering but up until lately that had not been going on in this group, why now? Lets just enjoy what we get and if you don't want it or like just pass it on. Now that I have said my piece I will go back to my corner.

Well said Verna.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:21 PM

Verna I agree and I love your Avitar..so I wish you would post more often. Now, I guess I will copy a bit as well, Quilty Louise...my package is out for delivery somewhere in CA 950551084829306350****. I so hope it will be enjoyed. If not, it doesn't bother me if you pass it on...I did really try to make it personal...will see for sure in a day or so! I went to 3 shops trying to find special wants and was only about 50-60% successful.

Now come on ladies and lilghten the load...this swap is fun and it is heart healthy. (Per Dr. Oz laughter is heart healthy!)