Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun >

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Old 03-07-2013, 04:24 AM

Louise you got a great deal considering how much I paid for a smaller roll, $36 at the lqs. Trust me I'm going to use it spraringly. Hope to do some embroidering this weekend. I have training all next week so no time to sew
Old 03-07-2013, 08:02 AM
Banned

I am looking forward to doing some sewing SOON!

Just got the extra wide extension table and FMQ hoop for
my machine. I found a GREAT deal on it so I purchased it.

IF I had gone to my dealer to buy this ext. table it would
have cost me close to $200, I found it brand new online for
$119. I am excited to try it out.

But I also have some embroidery that needs to get done.
Good thing I have two emb machines lol.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:48 AM

Does anyone have a White 4400 embroidery machine? I don't know what kind of needles to buy for it or how to properly thread it. The owners manual is pretty much worthless!

Thanks,
Suzy
Old 03-08-2013, 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by SuzyQ View Post
Does anyone have a White 4400 embroidery machine? I don't know what kind of needles to buy for it or how to properly thread it. The owners manual is pretty much worthless!

Thanks,
Suzy
Sorry SuzyQ, I am not going to be much help. I do have this machine and every time I try to use it something goes wrong, I hate it so it just sits here. Hope someone can help.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by Divokittysmom View Post
SQS; As someone just mentioned when purchasing a machine think about how you will use your embroideries. If you are thinking small designs then a 4x4 field may be enough for you.. If however you dream of embroidering jacket backs, skirt hemlines, tablecloths etc you will be much happier with an embroidery field much larger. I made that mistake with my first embroidery machine, as it had only a 4x4 hoop. Now, My Elli has one of the largest embroidery fields on the market and I am totally in love with this machine and all it can do! There are many machines that are moderately priced that will do a great job and have great sized hoops. Think about at least a 5x7 size hoop. And the MOST important thing of all is Dealer Support, I can't stress this enough! Even if it means purchasing something farther away from home than you would like, a supportive dealer who is willing to back you and gives classes is worth their weight in Gold! Good luck in your search!
I just started a class at the LQS and we all take our machines in to the class. I am the only one that has a machine that can do all the sizes, and all the other women were complaining about their machines only doing a 4x4 or 5x5. I think it is a great idea to think for awhile about what you think you will want to do before investing.
Old 03-10-2013, 11:35 AM

Is there a hoop available to use with the Viking Husquvarna 1+ that is larger than a 5x7? I've been reading this thread for several months now and am getting inspired to quit quilting for awhile and start some embroidery.
Old 03-10-2013, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by grocifer View Post
Is there a hoop available to use with the Viking Husquvarna 1+ that is larger than a 5x7? I've been reading this thread for several months now and am getting inspired to quit quilting for awhile and start some embroidery.
There is a group on Yahoo for this machine. You should get a good answer there. My first thought was yes because when I bought one a few yrs ago it came with the magna hoop but I've never used it and it's been quite awhile since I looked at the manual. I had issues in the begininng and while waiting for it to be serviced for free I got the Ruby and then the Diamond Deluxe so I've never used it.I just got it back from being serviced and once I have time to test run it, I'm putting it on the sites for sale. I just have to figure out which one is the best.

Here you go. I got this from a website that has some of the older Vikings on it.
It's called; sewmuch4retirement.com
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Viking1Plus_Orchidea/

Last edited by romanojg; 03-10-2013 at 12:44 PM.
Old 03-10-2013, 01:13 PM

This is a thread I'll be following now. I just got a Baby Lock Unity. I love the machine for piecing my quilts and haven't even taken the embroidery unit out of the box. I've only had it a week. My goal by next Sunday is to at least have the box opened :-)
Old 03-10-2013, 05:58 PM

I am so excited ! My hubby bought me the Brother PE 770 embroidery machine for my birthday. I could use all help I could get. I have ordered bobbins, Madiera thread, needles. But I am lost with what kind of stablizer. Any one out there willing to share thier wisdom?
Old 03-11-2013, 07:08 AM

I have a Pfaff 2144 and also the embroidery unit 3D software. I haven't used my 3D in about three years -- learning curve was just too steep when you have babies underfoot. I saw a post on the Pfaff site where you can trade in your old software for new new software and get a $350 rebate. I hate to pass on a good deal, so wondering if I should upgrade to Pfaff 5D or get Embird? Thoughts?