Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Blocks of the Month and Week
  • Another MYSTERY QUILT Train Ride - our 5th trip! >
  • Another MYSTERY QUILT Train Ride - our 5th trip!

• Another MYSTERY QUILT Train Ride - our 5th trip!

Old 03-09-2013, 08:45 PM

So sorry to hear about your computer problems, Judy. Technology has caused a lot of problems and frustrations for most of us. I'm kind of glad we are delayed as my life is very busy right now.
    Asked my hubby (computer guy) about windows 8 and he said probably 50% of them have problems. While he was working for Dell our 3 children and I all bought Macs. For some reason he loves to tell people that. Like we are not loyal to him or something.
    I'm super psyched about my quilt retreat coming up M-W. I will be working on my Ireland quilt.
    Old 03-09-2013, 08:59 PM

Judy so sorry to hear about your problems.I guess we will all just have to eat some chocolate. I just baked some chocolate caramel brownies with pecans. They are so good. They taste really good with the wine someone had earlier. Judy enjoy a brownie and a couple of glasses of wine. Deal with the computer tomorrow. This will just make most of us keep our new Years resolution to finish some of our UFO's.
    Old 03-10-2013, 02:29 AM

alright since we are staying at the station a tiny bit longer tonight I made some chili. I used one half of a pasilla pepper in it. I think its perfect the DH said its a tad hot could I do something to fix that? huh? I mean toss half add tomatos but rather not do that. what else would anyone suggest? all i could think of was cream cheese. potatos take the salt out he doesnt want to put sour cream on top which ALWAYS works for me.. so what would you add inside to fix it? I already have like 8 cups worth in a pot. surely dont want 12. there are only two of us. no solution I will just throw it away I guess. I dont do fire hot btw so its not fire hot. he just keeps getting heartburn. (btw he asked for chili).
    Old 03-10-2013, 03:00 AM

Good luck Judy with the computer. It can be so frustrating. You would think they would let things like a new OS be an option instead of "take or leave it". Those of us who are seniors would like to stick with what we know & feel have mastered instead of having to start back at square one. Just left an older computer with nephew to put Windows XP on it. If he gets it working it will be used only for my embroidery files for embroidery machine.
    Old 03-10-2013, 03:40 AM

I had a problem with my computer a while back. My son took it to the "Geek Squad". He told them the problem was that it was not connecting to the internet. They said it would cost over $300.00 to fix it. Said I should just buy a new one. Well, I took it to a local small business. He fixed it and it only cost me $70.00. And he backed up my files for me. I have no faith in the "Geek Squad" here. I think dealing with computer problems is one of the most stressful things. I guess we will need some cocktails here on the train. We can just sit back and relax and swap quilting stories. Good luck Judy.
    Old 03-10-2013, 03:48 AM

OH well I guess I can go look at my stash and see what I can use,just a little behind.........
    Old 03-10-2013, 05:03 AM

Judy, sorry about your computer problems. Please do not stress over it. We have all been there at one time or another. I can use the time to wash and iron all that fabric I hauled home from the Dallas Quilt Show. I do appreciate your doing the mystery for us and will patiently wait until you have everything in hand.
    Old 03-10-2013, 05:08 AM

Judy - so sorry about your computer woes yuck I've had em too.
    Lord willing we will all be here on the 16th so not to worry!
    I'm still working on my sewing room re-org so I've a little time before the next whistle stop.
    Tea at 4 with fresh lemon scones in the observation car.
    Old 03-10-2013, 05:20 AM

We will just sit in the hot tub and relax for a while with out cocktails. Sounds like a good Sunday to me. Or we could all meet on a beach somewhere.
    Old 03-10-2013, 05:31 AM

Although I'm sorry to hear of Judy's computer issues, I'm actually glad of the delay as I'm working on finishing up three quilts tops and this will give me the chance to get them done before this and the mystery on QCA begins. Who knows? I might even actually get them quilted.