Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anyone use the Easy Quilter? >

Anyone use the Easy Quilter?

Anyone use the Easy Quilter?

Old 03-10-2013, 03:30 PM

Default Easy Quilter

Originally Posted by quilter53 View Post
I saw the Easy Quilter at the Dallas quilt show and wanted it. If you have one or have tried it could you please post what you think. Just wondering if it is really as good as it seems.

I own the Easy Quilter 4.1 and used it twice. It is easy to set up and use. However, I find that I would rather spend my time piecing instead of quilting, so it sits in my closet. I am willing to sell it for half price! Let me know if you are interested.
Old 03-10-2013, 04:10 PM

I have one I bought in Pacudah in 2011. I love how easy the machine moves - bit of a learning curve for me and of course you still baste your quilt top together, then clamp it to the frame.Of interest to anyone interested in a larger set up than DSM, but not ready or able to leap to the long arm type of set up.
Old 03-11-2013, 04:52 AM

I went to the page and got

It is more fun now, because we are retired.
Quilting patterns are still available, but we are no longer selling quilt frames.
Old 03-11-2013, 05:03 AM
Power Poster

The quilt will have to be basted before putting it on the frame. That is one job I'd want a frame for.
Old 03-11-2013, 05:39 AM

I bought one at the Houston show about 5-6 years ago. I used it quite a bit- quilted quite a few quilts on it. After I bought it, I had to spend another $80 on large clamps to attach it to my table- they don't come with it--
The main problem I had with it, and the reason I quit using it, was that the quilting area is not very big, especially with the rolled up quilt, and it just seemed like I spent a lot of time repositioning the quilt. If you mostly make smaller quilts you probably would like it more than I did. Most of the quilts I make are at least twin size, so I bought a machine with a larger throat, (a Juki 2010) and I just FMQ with it, and am VERY happy with it.
Old 03-11-2013, 06:22 AM

I have one that I used until I finally bought a longarm. I found the practice on my Easy Quilter made starting out on my longarm so much easier. It is great for small projects but can be used on big ones too. It just takes more moving around. I also didn't like having to move my machine every time I wanted to do some piecing with it. It helps if you have 2 machines!