Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anyone have the ultimate box???? >

Anyone have the ultimate box????

Anyone have the ultimate box????

Old 03-22-2013, 03:30 AM

Default Anyone have the ultimate box????

I got an Viking Iris embroidery machine this week. I got it from a friend and it has never been taken out of the box. cool huh. It only came with one embroidery card. My fellow sewing pals, do you know if and where I could go to buy new cards for this machine? I have also figured out that i need a reader/writer in order to download patterns from the internet or from CD's. Does anyone use the Ultimate box? This seems the inexpensive route to go to get the most bang for my buck. I have looked on E bay for embroidery cards but the descriptions do not say what machines are compatible. I have tried speaking with my local quilt store as they are dealers in the husquvarna line, but store owner said she would have to special order the cards for me. This means they will be pricey. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-22-2013, 04:17 AM

If you get a reader/writer with blank card, you will not need to buy designs cards. You can get all the free designs you want from the internet--and buy/download to your computer. I have a magic box, similar to Ultimate, that writes 6 designs at a time---then erases for reloading. It writes for Viking, but my card is for .pes format. Your machine uses .hus or .vip format? Does your machine connect to internet, or use floppies? In which case you don't need anything but a floppy drive. My machines are Brother so I don't know much about the Husq/Vikings. Someone here should be able to load you with info.
Old 03-22-2013, 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by mermaid View Post
If you get a reader/writer with blank card, you will not need to buy designs cards. You can get all the free designs you want from the internet--and buy/download to your computer. I have a magic box, similar to Ultimate, that writes 6 designs at a time---then erases for reloading. It writes for Viking, but my card is for .pes format. Your machine uses .hus or .vip format? Does your machine connect to internet, or use floppies? In which case you don't need anything but a floppy drive. My machines are Brother so I don't know much about the Husq/Vikings. Someone here should be able to load you with info.
This machine only uses the embroidery cards. I would need to download to an empty card and then use on my machine. My machine uses the HUS format. I will look up a magic box. Thanks.
Old 03-22-2013, 04:28 AM

Cards have always been pricy even back when I had my own store, even for the store to purchase. Husvarna machines and Hus. cards are among the best. I sold Viking, Pfaff, Singer, Babylock and Brother. Over a period of time I finally wound up selling Singer, Pfaff and mostly Babylock due to the easiness of using the machine.
You are one lucky lady to get a never used machine still in box. I bought my dau a Babylock Air Threading Serger. After she kept it a couple of years she brought it back, box never opened. I guess I should sell it as I cannot afford to give such an expensive item away.
Old 03-22-2013, 04:36 AM

I have noticed going through British patchwork books the ads at the back frequently have cards etc to sell. Do you have similar in the magazines over the pond.
Old 03-22-2013, 04:50 AM

I have set up the Amazing box for someone with an older Brother. It works. I use Babylock's Cardworks. (No longer available, now the Amazing box)
I have a Pfaff 2170 and Cardworks wrote for both that and a BL Ellure. The Pfaff uses an odd-sized card, but most of the other machines use the smaller one.
If you get the box, it usually has transfer software to show and write your designs to a card for the machine. You can reuse the card over and over.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:13 AM

When I had the Bernina Deco I used an Ultimate box because you could put more than 6 designs on their card. They have a website with information. I now have their box for the Art format as I have cards in that format and no card slot on my 830. I searched inbterbet for best price on latest box.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:49 AM

I use it all the time..you will have one card that came with the machine and one with the box. Very simple to use. I use it for baby lock with a card and my designer se using a memory stick, I keep my designs on cd's so I am not using up space on my computer and don't worry about a crash! I know about back up ect but to old to adapt to changes!
Old 03-22-2013, 09:13 AM

husqvarna has a web site with designs on check it out
Old 03-22-2013, 09:22 AM

I also use the "Amazing Box" for my Brother machines, it writes for other machines as well. I've had it for years and have gone from xp to windows 7 with it, so far have been very well pleased as some of my other embroidery software is now kapoot with the newer computer.