Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
SECRET HOME DÉCOR SWAP - entry closes January 21, 2013 >

SECRET HOME DÉCOR SWAP - entry closes January 21, 2013

SECRET HOME DÉCOR SWAP - entry closes January 21, 2013

Old 03-21-2013, 06:15 PM

At the moment, I'm up for something easier that what I chose for this one. I can't get everything to true up and I'm ready to toss it in the yard tonight. I'm up for whatever everyone wants to do.
Old 03-21-2013, 06:37 PM

Default Bloomin' Peony

This is what I did today. Have always wanted to make a fractured block so today was the day and it took me all day. Have a cold so didn't do to much and didn't want to wrestle a quilt on the table nor stand there and quilt it. So thought I'd show you my "bloomin' peony"
Old 03-21-2013, 08:21 PM

jaba- I have never seen a 'fractured' block before. Very unique. Was it hard to do?
Old 03-22-2013, 03:56 AM
Power Poster

Oh jaba, that's really PRETTY!
Old 03-22-2013, 04:15 AM

Jana that is beautiful! I have never seen one like that before. Was it a print you cut up and pieced back together? Or did you make it from different fabrics? My sister in law would love it, she loves peonies.
Old 03-22-2013, 04:25 AM

Took Jayla to the doctor, she has croup, and we all still have the killer allergies. I am going to get my project mailed out today, my dad is coming to visit for the weekend, and I am going sewing machine shopping today, so somewhere in there I need to clean the house up.
Old 03-22-2013, 06:10 AM

JAN THAT IS STUNNING. if it took you all day it would take me all week. OH SO PRETTY. how lovely that will look on my bedroom wall right next to the bugs from Vietnam. Ok hows about right next to my couch? oh so many places send it out right away! You should make those for all your kids. Impress the heck out of them with your new abilities! You impressed me.

Dustysmom simple is good sometimes too. And don't give up your doing grand. You simply took on a jumbo project this time. I feel for you. I signed up for the quilt for quilters swap. Me? ME? I was warned by a dear friend to NOt sign up for that but nooooooo did I listen? do I ever listen??? I might in the future listen. oh heck. Today after bank and groceries I am putting That puppy together. Its like a monkey on your back almost.. sigh.. sitting there and not having any fun with it laying on my shoulders. Ready to do the happy dance and have it behind me.
Old 03-22-2013, 06:21 AM

The only thing that's a little tricky is 1/8" seams. I sewed this on my Singer 99 because of the feed dogs on the newer machines. 4 identical repeats, 2 cut the same, the other 2 cut different sew them together and then cut them again and sew together. Best used with a large pattern. This was such light colors wasn't really sure how it would come out but am going to try bright and bold next. Lots of sewing on those little 1" squares.
Old 03-22-2013, 08:16 AM

Sad face! Sorry Jayla is under the weather. Hope she is better soon!

What sewing machine are you getting? I bought a new Brother CE7070PRW in January and like it so much I ordered one yesterday for my Mom. Should be here today (from Amazon). Going to save it for Mothers Day!

Originally Posted by sikesjj View Post
Took Jayla to the doctor, she has croup, and we all still have the killer allergies. I am going to get my project mailed out today, my dad is coming to visit for the weekend, and I am going sewing machine shopping today, so somewhere in there I need to clean the house up.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:10 AM

I went and looked at Janome 3160qdc. It is simply to operate, the quilt shop will give me free lessons, and the quilt shop owners are qualified repair technicians. It's a little more than I want to spend, I have never bought a machine before, my others are hand me downs. But I think it will work perfectly for my first quilting/sewing machine. It has a lot of pretty stitches that I could use on the girls clothing. The coolest feature is the thread cutting, I hate wasting all that thread.