Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
March Secret Pal Swap Closes 4pm Feb 28th >

March Secret Pal Swap Closes 4pm Feb 28th

March Secret Pal Swap Closes 4pm Feb 28th

Old 03-22-2013, 03:29 AM

Hi, Swap partner who lives EAST of me and LIKES Chocolate and kitties...your package is scheduled for delivery tomorrow.
Old 03-22-2013, 03:39 AM

Good morning all! After a rough day at work yesterday I was very happy to receive my SP pkg from Laquita. I received spring fabric including a jelly bean print that is so cute for Easter! A ruler, a pedi-pad (I'll explain later in a photo, I'm at work right now , a stiletto, Lord knows I love that!!! quilting magazines, pins, iced tea and powder mixes from Crystal Ice and right now can't think of anything else (after working yesterday for 14 hrs and back at work today my brain is still fried). THANK YOU LAQUITA FOR A WONDERFUL PKG!. Will post photos by tomorrow, right now I'm really trying to stay awake and no I don't drink coffee but I do love the smell Y'all have a great day!
Old 03-22-2013, 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by hav4boys View Post
Got a question for everyone... do you wait to sew for your SP so you can create in their favorite colors or do you make a variety of items and then send those? I am struggling as I have time to sew now for a couple of weeks but then May revision will hit at work and I will not see the light of day for April and May. Can anyone share how they do it? I so want my packages to be customized, but I have to work with in my personal parameters.

Thanks for any suggestions.

I usually sew in colors I picture the finished project to look like and I send fabrics in my SP's favorite colors.
Old 03-22-2013, 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
Verna, this is just me, but why not step outside your comfort zone? If you're accustomed to traditional projects like the Dresden Plate, why not try something wonky -- crazy slicing and piecing, strips, a crazy quilt. Or just take some left overs and whack them up and see what happens.
I agree! There is nothing more liberating than taking scraps, sewing them up, slashing them again and sewing them again and repeat the process until you have what you feel is a wonderful project.
Old 03-22-2013, 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by LoupEsprit View Post
SP: Your box has left the local PO and is headed your way. you should have it Friday...
9505 5000 2610 3078 0002 96
Oh well that one isn't coming to me. Wrong state. LOL
Old 03-22-2013, 07:20 AM

Package out for delivery!! Now is when I bite my nails and hope she likes it!
Old 03-22-2013, 11:19 AM
Banned

I received my wonderful sp package all the way from England!

Thank you Jan (Wardy74) for all the awesome goodies you sent
to me.

I will post pictures soon as my phone is charged.

Thanks again for everything.

Louise
Old 03-22-2013, 01:20 PM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by quiltingdragon View Post
Hi, Swap partner who lives EAST of me and LIKES Chocolate and kitties...your package is scheduled for delivery tomorrow.
I like chocolate kitties! I like to bite their heads off!
Old 03-22-2013, 01:55 PM

I want to let everyone know I received the most wonderful package from CherylW and boy was the timing perfect..........I was feeling down because recently I have been diagnosed with thyroid cancer......and it was just one of those days......

First of all the box was so heavy.....................good sign of good things to come.........and come they did...........First I pulled out about 5 magazines............since I do not buy magazines they were greatly appreciated.......then I pulled out this lovely green fabric............as I went through my package I kept thinking about how nice it was...........a perfect shade of green.........later on I went to look at it better and what a joyous discovery.......it was a beautiful table runner............sure wished my camera was working.............but it's not..............so sad........

I also received some frog fabric which I am collecting ......and believe it or not I did not have any

Now my cat Dylan was going crazy ...........he could smell the catnip mice .........and wanted them NOW...........it was so funny...........I haven't told him about the cat yummies yet.............he is so spoiled............

Cheryl also sent Easter clings and 3 different kinds of notepads.............tictacs...........hand sanitizer............yummy smelling candle.........

Now that's not all .......I also received a desk needle threader.........buttons that have the cutest words on them...Hot stuff.....with a picture of an iron.....sew over it........sewinista.......etc..........

What really brought a smile on my face was bubble tubes...........can't wait till there is no snow on the ground and it is
warm outside to blow bubbles...................I want to be a kid again.............

Thank you CherylW for the most needed and perfect secret pal package..................
Old 03-22-2013, 04:07 PM

Default March SP pkg from...

Laquita! I was so surprised yesterday after a long day at work that it was a pleasant surprise to receive the package. She sent me 4 beautiful fabrics including a jelly bean motif perfect for Easter! A pedi bar that I'm going indulge in this evening. I work outside and my feet really need a pedi! Two quilt magazines, pins, a ruler that says "I Rule" (that's my motto at home!), a quilter's 1/4 inch bar and how I needed that one, my eyesight lately isn't as good as before and a stiletto! I collect and make those as well and this one is cute! If I missed anything I apologize Laquita but I do want to thank you for such a wonderful pkg!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	march sp2013 175.JPG
Views:	353
Size:	227.5 KB
ID:	403585   Click image for larger version

Name:	march sp2013 176.JPG
Views:	366
Size:	331.8 KB
ID:	403586