Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Time Management.  Taking a poll >

Time Management. Taking a poll

Time Management. Taking a poll

Old 03-24-2013, 03:24 PM

I don't have a clock in my sewing studio, but if I need to do something besides sew at a specific time I just set myself a timer on my phone. Otherwise when I'm in there I figure if I've found time to be in there I don't need to worry about how long I'm in there. I do, however, need to take breaks occasionally so I look at a clock when I come out to get a snack or use the potty. And if I don't have anything I need to do besides make dinner I set a timer for that as well. Though I have been thinking it'd be fun to have a Dresden plate clock in there! So maybe one day I will have one?
Old 03-24-2013, 03:29 PM
Power Poster

My clock says 'what ever' and all the numbers are laying at the bottom of the clock. I have several clocks in all my rooms and almost never look at them for the time. I keep a vintage Baby Ben by my DHM so when I only have a limited amount of time to sew I set the alarm so I can stay on schedule.

Today I was in my studio from 7:00am till 6:00pm.
peace
Old 03-24-2013, 03:37 PM

I have a clock in my sewing room but it is behind me and I can ignore it as long as I want.
I have to " really" want to look to find out the time. I find out that most of the time I don't really give a darn what the time is.
Old 03-24-2013, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by deedum View Post
Oh yes I have a clock in my sewing room. I NEED IT because I sew before I go to work, and if I don't go to work I won't have any money to sew, LOL I also sew before I go to bed, and if I didn't have my clock, I would sew in to the wee hours of the morning, then I would be too tired to work.LOL
Yep, this is me, too!! Especially the wee hours bit!

I actually really like clockworks and clocks for some reason. I don't feel particularly ruled by them (although in reality I very much am, LOL) I have clocks in every room (multiples in many rooms). I just think they're neat for some reason.
Old 03-24-2013, 03:46 PM

I have a clock. I look at it, but my back and shoulders tell me when it is time to leave.
Old 03-24-2013, 04:04 PM

I don't have a clock anywhere in my house except for the microwave! Is that weird? My cell phone alarm wakes me up in the morning. While sewing, I also use my cell phone to keep an eye on the time, but I like to lose myself. That's the fun and relaxation for me. Sewing is my time.
Old 03-24-2013, 04:12 PM

I sew in the living room, where the TV cable box has a clock, and in the kitchen where there is a clock on the wall. But I also have a tiny clock on my wrist - called a WATCH. Guess nobody else wears them. LOL. My body and my hubby also tell me when it's time to eat, or walk, or do something else.
Old 03-24-2013, 04:45 PM

I have a clock on my sewing machince and only look at it when I start getting tired and by then it is usually time to quit.
Old 03-24-2013, 04:51 PM
Power Poster

I have a clock because it's pretty and when I saw it I knew I had to have it for my sewing room.
Old 03-24-2013, 06:07 PM

I have a clock in my sewing room. I have been known to not change it when the time changes! But truthfully I never sit for very long anyway. Aches get me moving out of my chair or away from the cutting mat.