Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
March Secret Pal Swap Closes 4pm Feb 28th >

March Secret Pal Swap Closes 4pm Feb 28th

March Secret Pal Swap Closes 4pm Feb 28th

Old 03-25-2013, 03:55 PM

glad that you liked the package Belfry...the conical holder is for scissors.
Old 03-25-2013, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by brenda21 View Post
packages should be in Texas and Georgia today...
I got mine today! AWESOME STUFF! I especially like the handmade scissor holder and Stilletto. Everything is awesome!

I wouldn't mind about 4-5 more of the scissor holder. Yes I have that many scissors in that size and than some in other sizes.

My ten year old GD loves to be here when I get these packages. She begged me for the doggie bones for her best friends puppy, kleenex pack and Avon hand cream so I let her have it. I would not however let her have the Stilletto. :-)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	sp2.jpg
Views:	347
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	404375  
Old 03-25-2013, 04:39 PM

Glad you liked it Carol...enjoy !
Old 03-25-2013, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Grandma Peg View Post
Nancy, that is so sad that you didn't receive a package in Feb. Don't understand how board members can do this like you said their can be extenuating circumstances but a quick note only takes a few minutes. Hope this doesn't happen to anyone else.
This brought back to me back in the 80's long before the internet was even known to most of us there were bulletin boards such as FidoNet and others and it AOL Bulletin boards and such.

I belonged to several craft related qroups and had been on them probably 6 months when I started reading messages from some regulars fussing about this particular lady who had been a regular about two years. They did alot of trades, swaps and such on these.

A couple of them, two or three were very rude about the whole situation and others were trying to calm the storm by stating surely something happened to the lady cause she had never been late in her swaps for almost two years. They went back and forth with it bickering and all and others trying to smooth things out. So one day I chimed in and asked if anyone had tried to make contact with her by phone or writing her to check and see if things were fine. A couple of them stated they had tried and could not get a response.

Some nine months later we see a message come through from the daughters of this lady stating that there mother had several months earlier been outside shoveling snow and had claimed the ladder to the roof of the house and it seems she may have slipped coming back down and fell head first on the concrete and icy path and had been found several hours later when her husband came home. She had been in a coma all those months. They were told to get her affairs in order.

The two daughters finally made way to her sewing room and found all these packages ready to go out or being prepared but they did not know where to send it and they also found her notebook with her FidoNet info and boards whe was on. Hence the message we got from her.

You could have heard a pin drop on a smooth and soft rug when folks read that message.

All of a sudden the nayers were and asking forgiveness and the rest took it upon themselves to make her a quilt and done in record time.

They received the quilt and daughters took it to her and they gave it to her yes even in a coma and they would talk to her about what these ladies had been doing on that board even though in a coma. A few months later one day they saw movement when one of the daughters was talking to her about her online friends.

After almost a year in a coma she came out of it and six months after that she was out of the hospital and had to relearn to talk and do alot of things.

My point in sharing this is how some are so quick to be judgemental without really knowing what has happend to a person.

I'm not saying that the SP in this group didn't regnade on her end but than again perhaps she has had something horrific happen in her life that prevents her from being in touch with anyone. Perhaps she is a deadbeat and than again perhaps she isn't.

IMHO a life is worth a whole lot more than material things. Material things can be replaced and a life cannot if lost or in disarray.

In another groups here on this board a couple months ago I was accused myself of not following through on a trade yet the swap still had 19 days to go. That particular person assumed I would not follow through because she had never seen me post on line and assumed I was new yet I have been here over two years and been in various trades.

We have to be careful about such things and not assume a person is a deadbeat with out first making personal contact with that person.

I'm not trying to get anyone upset however I so remember that lady back in the 80's who was in a coma and folks thought more of a peice of material they did not get; or what happened to me here on these boards putting me in the same boat stating that all new folks must be deadbeats because they are new or they assume we are.

So now my question is has anyone tried to make contact with this SP to see if she is all right? I was raised to find the good in everyone even if it seems hard to find at times. Surely at the very least the swap host has the contact info of this person and it would take only a few seconds to try and make a phone call, a text, and email to check and see if this person is doing well and ok or not.

Its very possible that like the lady in a coma way back when who could not make contact with her online friends that this SP for whatever reason is unable to make contact with us or the swap host.
Old 03-25-2013, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Quilty-Louise View Post
K,

You know I was thinking it was the chocolate bunny that was in danger
of hitting the floor.

LOL

I think you may be right! The bunny gets it.
Old 03-25-2013, 05:25 PM

verna2197............A good friend will come and bail you out of jail.
But a true friend will be sitting next to you saying,
"Darn That Was Fun!"

My best friend of almost 30 years tells me "I don't do jail". LOL
Old 03-25-2013, 06:40 PM

Lori posted April Secret Swap Thread.
Old 03-25-2013, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by Belfrybat View Post
I'm off the bench! A lovely package arrived from Brenda21 today - THANK YOU! Full of all kinds of goodies -- 8 pieces of fabric of all colours, several types of pins, a stiletto, scissor fob, a conical holder with labels, lavender soap, hand lotion, a glittery butterfly, a magazine I hadn't seen before, notecards, tissues, and hair thingamabobs (I seem to remember reading about their use in keeping thread straight--will have to do some research). That woman knows how to stuff a Priority envelope! Again, many thanks.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]404335[/ATTACH]
I have that magazine and I am working on that quilt!!! Great package!!!!
Old 03-25-2013, 07:56 PM

Carol, indeed we should not be quick to judge someone without knowing the circumstances, but several months ago there was a SP swapper who had not sent her package, and Lori had sent pm's to her as she hadn't pmed Lori to let her know if or when she mailed(who wouldn't reply to Lori if they had mailed when they could give her the conf. number?). Lori tried several times contacting her, and Lori had seen that she had been posting on the board on other threads when she sent her request to contact. No replies. I think this may have been when Lori started requiring phone #. I understand that someone could have a situation where they aren't able to follow through, but this instance I'm talking about was one where the person totally ignored Lori and they were on the board. While we on the thread here may not know the particulars of an individual situation, sadly, many times it is not an extenuating circumstance that is the cause of a package not being sent.
When I first joined this swap we happily sent packages but so many were not receiving a package the hostess had to require the "Delivery confirmation" component.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:23 PM

I was going to announce thta April was open to signup for it but was beat to it. It only took Leiladylei54 about 45 mins to find it, please take note of the message from about mailing date.