Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
No gumption to sew!!! >

No gumption to sew!!!

No gumption to sew!!!

Old 03-29-2009, 04:44 PM

That is a great idea.
Old 03-29-2009, 08:29 PM

Gail i got one of the luckiest phone calls today i've got a dear friend that called an said that she had some material for me well i got over there about hour an half later an was very surprised i ended up coming home with enough material to make about 10 to 20 quiltsit connsist of two garbage bags an three grocerie bags full of material it was some that her grandmother an mom had talk about someone being about as happy as someone who might have found a golden goose i was an part of it is just got to be trimed up an i'm on my way to making log cabin quilts that you wont even believe
Old 03-31-2009, 05:43 AM

I saw your post about the four inch squares. Could you make a scrap quilts with them? I find when I have a lot of the same size I put them together and to my surprise it works even though you think they won't work.
Just a thought,I am sure if you put them away for a week or two and then look at them with a fresh mind you will know what to do.
Chrissy B
Old 11-08-2009, 05:17 PM

Yip That's me, Except I want to sew what I WANT TO NOT WHAT THE GUILD WANTS Soooo I DON"T GET Anything Done, I do want to get past this, I don't want to do the Guild stuff it's a PAIN!!!
Old 11-09-2009, 08:34 AM

What keeps me interested in my quilting processes is that I have different stages going at the same time. I will have a quilt I am cutting out and a quilt I am piecing, along with a quilt I am hand quilting. I know that sounds crazy but that way I dont get into a serious slump because I can do what my notion strikes on. I always have a process that will strike my interest when another process doesnt.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by SulaBug
Originally Posted by Shemjo
Been there, done that! I have been on line here so much that I haven't done much sewing. Today, the sun is shining and I feel like sewing! :lol:
I am feeling the same way as Shemjo today, also. I think it happens to all of us. I just need to get off this computer & start SEWING!! But I don't want to miss anything!! :D :D :D :D

LOL! That's my problem too!
Old 11-09-2009, 09:00 AM

I do that too,but my problem is I start them then I need one for something so I put it back start something else. I have so many UFO's I won't even buy material.I just keep thinking these all have to be done first. It reminds me of when I would buy jeans,that were too small and someday I will get in to them and never do. sometimes I think I just need to take it all to the thrift store and start over and only make one at a time.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by Patty44
I do that too,but my problem is I start them then I need one for something so I put it back start something else. I have so many UFO's I won't even buy material.I just keep thinking these all have to be done first. It reminds me of when I would buy jeans,that were too small and someday I will get in to them and never do. sometimes I think I just need to take it all to the thrift store and start over and only make one at a time.
Patty you sound so much like me. I have a stack of UFOs waiting to be finished too. I made a promise to myself to work on my UFOs this year and have done really well with it. I joined a challenge on another site where they had us list three UFOs for the month we joined. She'd pick one of the three or throw out a wild card day for us to work on whatever UFO from the list. The challenge was to do just 20 minutes each day on whatever number she chose. By the end of the month you would be surprised at how much is finished on a UFO. I was able to finish one top and get enough blocks made for another and make lots of other blocks for the last one. Sometimes it's just the boost we need to get something done.
Eileen
Old 11-09-2009, 09:18 AM

I think we all get side-tracked while working on projects from time to time. I do this with cleaning/organizing my house too. I get the blahs and don't want to do nothing - those are the days me and the kiddos veg in front of a good movies or play board games and have great fun. Sometimes we just need a break from the 'have tos' in life and take a day to do nothing much.
I have a new routine that I just love. I am finding that by getting up a bit earlier each morning and doing some sewing/cleaning/organizing I am getting more done than I would by trying to do it in the evenings when I feel that I am taking away from my time with the kiddos.
Eileen
Old 11-09-2009, 09:22 AM
Power Poster

That has happened to me more than once. In fact a have a lovely large blue quilt in my nice new plastic frame. You'd think I would be at it all day long, but it is barely started.