Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
AccuQuilt to buy or not? >

AccuQuilt to buy or not?

AccuQuilt to buy or not?

Old 03-28-2013, 08:56 AM

I've had the GO! for about a month and I love it. I just got the set of dies for 12 inch blocks and the possibilities for using them are endless. I got mine at JoAnn's and paid way too much. I've seen them on eBay at a really good price and would buy one off of there if I had it to do all over again. At any rate, I think you will love it. The accuracy of the cuts and the short amount of time it takes to cut out a quilt is amazing. GO! for it!!!
Old 03-28-2013, 10:10 AM

Love mine also... would not want to be without it. I bought mine from Overstock.com when they had not only the machine, but a whole bunch of dies with it, for a great price. Not sure if they still have that package deal available but it's worth a look.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:39 AM

I actually sold both my Go and Go Baby and moved up to the Studio. I am looking forward to using it, especially for odd shapes and strips.

There are many sites for dies and machines: jhittlesewing.com, I think Eleanor Burns is having a sale, as well Amazon and Joanns.

Accuquilt has a newsletter and has different sales each week. They also sell packages. Also, Watch the yahoo group,"Sewits forsale" (you do have to join the group, but there have been people selling Go's and GoBaby's - that's where I sold mine).

Last edited by caspharm; 03-28-2013 at 10:42 AM.
Old 03-28-2013, 02:55 PM

I have a baby Go Cutter and it is great if you are only going to use one size of a shape I have a hard tme justifing the price of one die to make one quilt with. You have to look at how many of the same peices you can use in a differant way.
Old 03-28-2013, 03:49 PM

Just an update, I ordered it last night!! I ordered from Amazon because the prices were comparable to some of the sites suggested, and I had a gift card, also free shipping. I didn't order it yet, but I know I will love the rag quilt die. I made a full size rag quilt and that was way more cutting then I want to do again!

Thanks again for all the great responses you all gave me.
Old 03-28-2013, 06:44 PM

I bought mine from HSN when they first came out. I have since sold the Go cutter but kept my dies to use in a Sizzix cutter. The best prices I have found for dies is J. Hittle Sewing supply. They have free shipping on orders over 100.00 in the lower 48. They offer so many other items it is not a problem to spend 100.00! I got several of the basic dies for less than 19.00 each. The strip dies are expensive no matter where you buy but I paid only 55.00 each for mine when I bought them a couple years ago.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:12 PM

I love mine! I think you will really enjoy it!
Old 03-28-2013, 10:47 PM

Got mine for my birthday last year - both daughters went in together and bought the Go and a lot of dies!!!! I was definitely spoiled! I have used it a few times, but have to admit that I cut with my regular rulers, then think that I should have used the Go. A friend has many dies and she is willing to share with me so I don't have to buy all the ones I don't have. Since I have a longarm, I will have to do a quilt for her sometime as paybacks ...
Old 03-29-2013, 03:09 AM
Power Poster

I have the Go and I only bought the strip dies. I can always cut the shape I want from the size of the strip. But..... I still have trouble with folding the fabric so it doesn't get a bow in the middle.
Old 03-29-2013, 07:14 AM

I have this piece of equipment, used it to cut strips and squares. Had a bad experiene with the AccuQuilt company, my 5" square die does not cut right, I have only used it 3 times, if I can produce a receipt that is less than a year old for the purchase of the die, they will look into replacing the die. I don't keep a receipt after the first time I use something, needless to say, I threw this equipement to the back of the closet, not sure when it will see the light of day again. So for now, this company is on my S**T list.