Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
April Secret Pal Swap ends 3-29 4:00 pm CST >

April Secret Pal Swap ends 3-29 4:00 pm CST

April Secret Pal Swap ends 3-29 4:00 pm CST

Old 04-05-2013, 09:38 AM

ladies I made a huge error in the March discussion adn am posting this in march and april , as i need to make sure quiltymoms name is cleared, and all know she is a wonderful partner
hello ladies I did recieve a wonderful pacage early i the month from quiltymom, and I have been so sick that i inadvertanly posted i wrong informatio, It was a wonderful package and please accept my appoligies for my mistake, as for the april , due to sickness and a bad fall and money issues i will skip april and try to get caught up on blaocks swaps and have dr appts and will get back in the swap in May, so wishing you all great items and sweet springy things in the swap, and im gonna get busy and finish up these other swaps and get started on my big one, catch u later and i really enjoy this swap, so definatly gonna coem back, thanks for all the understanding, if I hurt any feelings please forgive me,
lovngrandma aka Hope
I again wish to appolige to quiltymom for the huge mistake, she did send a wonderful package fand it was quite early in the month , and had great things in it, and with my sickness i just made a human mistake and am wanting to clear her good name and let all know that she is a great partner and was early not late and i had wonderful things, both wanted, needed, and surprises, all great, I will be sending her a personal message as well, thanks ladies and please forgive me, Hope aka lovngrandma
Old 04-05-2013, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by barefoot quilter View Post
ok now for a hint my sp lives 2531.2 miles away from me and will take 37 hr 26 min to drive to her house she has a lot of water around well i think i migh have gave away tomany clues so i am not saying anymore. ok i forgot i am going to try to send out my package this weekend or atleast by monday. everyone have a great day.
OOO! OOOO! OOOO! (jumping up and down) It could be me!!
Old 04-05-2013, 11:39 AM

I got everything for my SP except for some items to make this weekend. I hope I got stuff that she wants. Will be mailing the package early next week. I will just say that my SP lives north of me and it would take me a little over 13 hours to drive it.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by hav4boys View Post
Secret Pal #1- Just ordered you your most wanted item... direct to you. You will be getting multiple packages before your handmade items arrive. Enjoy
Yeah it is hard to get a 1970 Challenger in a box. *ahem*

Oh and to my SP, a hint finally for you would be: You like Cat Things. (which could be half the people here, but don't tell anyone)
Old 04-05-2013, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by hav4boys View Post
Okay, just got the pattern for this and have to make it. I love it. Now to decide the colors and if it will be for secret pal #1 or #2????

[ATTACH=CONFIG]406338[/ATTACH]
Hope it's for me! Love it! What's the pattern?

Not seen any clues that might be for me. Posted mine yesterday, so should be there this time next week.
Old 04-05-2013, 01:50 PM

A friend and I went to see Gail today and she is in higher spirits and is going to try and post on here tonight from her Kindle, she had some therapy tonight and is feeling much better about it... We took her her dinner from our favorite place...

SP you post I do believe everyday on the board and sometimes more then once... Your picture is in your Avatar...

God Bless
Old 04-05-2013, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
Mailed both of mine today and they are coming your way via USPS. #1 - had to get yours in the mail and you will get 2 packages as I ordered on line, ship direct to you and they already mailed it! You like dk. chocolate, burgundy, blues and your zip adds to 11

Zentangle booklets today! This made me very happy. Will upload pictures later. JUST WHAT I NEEDED!

Unfortunately as a kid we were not allowed to doodle, draw and such. You'd have to understand being raised during the great depression or right after the great depression. It was considered a waste of good paper, pencils and crayons to do such. Also being from a poor state where everyone was getting government subsidized surplus food and no money coming in what little materials we had we used for things better than doodling.

I have quite an imagination and am very creative but never learned the basics to move forward in any art form so what I do create is in my mind. Fortunately though being in the 21st century and all the technology I'm able to put down what I see in my mind.

My 10 year old granddaughter is extremely creative and has been helping me learn to doodle and thangles and some zen work. She is very sweet and patient with me. I tell her what I see in my mind and she draws it and teaches me step by step what she did to create what I see.

Fortunately for me I can take programs like EQ7, Electric Quilt, and using the tools in that program create very intricate quilt designs but having problems putting it down on paper with pencils. I am getting better at it though using paper. I designed this quilt recently for a lady using EQ7 which has alot of movement in it. Without that program I would not have been able to design it and create the 3D movement of the design. I think it is important for me to learn the basics of art and incorporate it in programs like this.

I'm very interested in zentangles on fiber for quilting and these books will teach me the basics and have me use my brain more than depending on some software program.

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! Love, love, love it.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	3DMirrorSpinWheel.JPG
Views:	311
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	406403  
Old 04-05-2013, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by barefoot quilter View Post
ok now for a hint my sp lives 2531.2 miles away from me and will take 37 hr 26 min to drive to her house she has a lot of water around well i think i migh have gave away tomany clues so i am not saying anymore. ok i forgot i am going to try to send out my package this weekend or atleast by monday. everyone have a great day.
I thought this might be me but I live 2326.14 miles and 35 hours away.
Old 04-05-2013, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Knitette View Post
Hope it's for me! Love it! What's the pattern?

Not seen any clues that might be for me. Posted mine yesterday, so should be there this time next week.
I usually don't care for table runners/toppers, but this one is beautiful.
Old 04-05-2013, 04:36 PM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by Ladybug 1938 View Post
SP you post I do believe everyday on the board and sometimes more then once... Your picture is in your Avatar...

God Bless
That must be me!!!

Or Fayzer!