Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Love those Civil War repros, 1930's repros, Batiks, etc. etc. >

Love those Civil War repros, 1930's repros, Batiks, etc. etc.

Love those Civil War repros, 1930's repros, Batiks, etc. etc.

Old 04-06-2013, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by NikkiLu View Post
I "inherited" my BFF's stash when she passed away and not a single bright color in the whole truck load. Just dark, drab fabrics - even what few batiks were in there, were dark ones. No 30's either. PS - she worked in a quilt shop!
It seems to me that those dark fabrics just need some whites and mustards to really bring out their beauty.. Try adding more contrasting colors.. I look for CW fabrics that include some white in the pattern and believe me, it makes an enormous difference.. Also, there are some wonderful purples and lavenders and turkey reds that enliven them, too..
Old 04-07-2013, 02:14 AM

My fabric walls are art to me. I love the 30's repros, and then I like the brights. I also love the earthtone batiks. I had to make myself buy neutrals as I had nothing without pattern and color in my stash.
Old 04-07-2013, 02:34 AM

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho

I love Civil War fabrics. I have a huge Rubbermaid tub full of them! And mustard is my favorite color!
Old 04-08-2013, 01:43 PM

My Civil War repros almost all come from Independence, OR.. there is a small quilt shop there that specializes in them, and a friend and I usually get there at least once a month.. Recently they started making some little quilt kits to sell and we love those!

Dallas, OR is our only source for the 1930's fabrics and that shop has many of them to choose from.. and they also have the Civil War repros.. Grandma Rachel keeps us busy with her BOMs, too..

My husband and I just reorganized my sewing room and now I'm all set to make more little quilts from my FQ stashes.. Oh gee whiz! I'm gonna have some fun! Can't wait to make another quilt....