Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
April 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!! >

April 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!

April 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!

Old 04-10-2013, 06:24 AM
Power Poster

Cindy!!!!
Old 04-10-2013, 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by JuneBillie View Post
Cindy!!!!

What, life is short, Have fun. enjoy.
Old 04-10-2013, 12:42 PM

Cindy I finally made it to the post office today and mailed 3 months of FQ(skinnies). I decided years ago that I didn't really care what anyone thinks of the way I look in shorts or a swimsuit. I will wear what I am comfortable wearing. If they want to turn their heads and puke or laugh I don't care. I don't let my weight keep me from doing what I want. Life is too short to miss out on all of the fun. I went ziplining over Thanksgiving for my first time ever and had a ball.
As many of you on here know I am very unhappy in my job. It just isn't a good situation. Today was another of those GRRRRRRRR days. I went to the principal about my position for next school year. SHe has already talked to several people for me. I also emailed the director of HR. I didn't give details to her just that I couldn't work in that room next year. Hopefully something will change. I will not spend another year in that room. My mental and physical health just can't take it. Only 32 more days and I am taking 5 of those off when my darling GS is born. He is due in 2 weeks
My weigh in on Saturday had better be a good one. I have been so good and done a lot of exercise this week.
Pat
Old 04-10-2013, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by meanmom View Post
Cindy I finally made it to the post office today and mailed 3 months of FQ(skinnies). I decided years ago that I didn't really care what anyone thinks of the way I look in shorts or a swimsuit. I will wear what I am comfortable wearing. If they want to turn their heads and puke or laugh I don't care. I don't let my weight keep me from doing what I want. Life is too short to miss out on all of the fun. I went ziplining over Thanksgiving for my first time ever and had a ball.
As many of you on here know I am very unhappy in my job. It just isn't a good situation. Today was another of those GRRRRRRRR days. I went to the principal about my position for next school year. SHe has already talked to several people for me. I also emailed the director of HR. I didn't give details to her just that I couldn't work in that room next year. Hopefully something will change. I will not spend another year in that room. My mental and physical health just can't take it. Only 32 more days and I am taking 5 of those off when my darling GS is born. He is due in 2 weeks
My weigh in on Saturday had better be a good one. I have been so good and done a lot of exercise this week.
Pat

Pat prayers going up for your work situtation improves and you get in a different class next year.

How is the quilt coming along for your new grandbaby?
Old 04-10-2013, 05:07 PM

The quilt for my grand baby is finished and I mailed it today. I forgot to take a picture of it before I mailed it. I guess I will have to take one with him on it in a couple of weeks when he is born and I visit.
Thanks Cindy. I am as sure as I can be that I will not be in that room next year. Director of Special Ed and Director of HR know of my wishes. Principal, who I really like is working on it. I am trying to stay under the radar and pretty much say as little as possible. Kinda hard when she asks me a question. Then disputes my answer.
We will have a good dinner tomorrow. My Dh just brought home 1 3/4 pounds of asparagus from the garden. I could eat it all myself but I guess I will have to share:-( I have an extremely busy day tomorrow and was going drop a roast in the crock pot. I have a really good recipe. Doesn't go with asparagus.
Old 04-10-2013, 06:03 PM

Rec'd FQ's from Shadowirish and sandiquilts. Beautiful FQ's.
Old 04-10-2013, 06:44 PM

I finished up two quilts today. Pulled them out of the dryer and raced out the door to the party. One of my husband's fellow pastor's adopted 2 little girls. The adoption was final today. They got the girls a year ago on this same date as a Foster to adopt.
I made them each a quilt last summer but Melissa, the mom, wanted their names on them and wanted to wait until the adoption was final cause they were changing their names up a little.
I got the correct names a couple days ago but they did not get me their birth weight and height, which they wanted on the label, to me until late last night. I make the labels on my embroidery unit on my machine, so had to make the labels and then sew them on and then wash the quilts.

I got my 3 months of fabrics in the mail today too. Sorry I was late getting them out.

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!
Old 04-10-2013, 08:41 PM

Wow! Sounds like most of you are putting your weight loss plans into action. I have a lot of digestive problems due to having my colon removed 5 years ago. Carbs are the easiest for me to deal with, so weight loss is a challenge. BUT I started taking veggies to work for snack and lunch and am going back to my Readers Digest diet shakes tomorrow for breakfast at least and maybe for dinner a couple of nights. They are very healthy shakes, very filling and easy to whip up before I leave in the morning. I really think this Skinny Quarters challenge will help me.
To keep me honest, I took a picture of me standing on my digital scale on April 2 when I joined this group. I hope to post a picture on April 30 that is at least 4 lbs less, even if that doesn't win me the Skinny Quarters
.[ATTACH=CONFIG]407277[/ATTACH] Just my toe showing with the starting weight! Hard to take a pic of your feet on the scale with a cell phone camera when your middle gets in the way! Maybe by end of May or June that won't be such a problem!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	april 2 weight.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	407277  
Old 04-10-2013, 09:12 PM
Power Poster

Meanmom I am sorry about your situation, and hope you do go to another one next year. Sandiquilts good luck. I hope to keep losing too. I do well if I stay with it, but I probably have more to lose than you. I also don't much care any more what others think either. I just like going out with my dear husband and enjoying the time. I just want to lose for my health with lupus, sjogren's, and fibromyalgia, and heart problems run in my family. I also like to fit better into something.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:17 PM

It's so encouraging to read how everyone is doing with their weight loss goals - especially to hear how balanced every one is. Life is too short to spend it worrying whether or not you look like hollywood's version of a healthy weight. But hearing you all say you are losing weight to improve your health and make yourself more available to spending time and interacting with friends and families is inspiring and a reminder of why it really is worth the effort.
I mailed off my fq yesterday - and even though it'd be nice to win, what I am most excited about is just hearing everyone else's progress -
thanks for the inspiration!