Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Grammie's Bedspread - Mine Mine Mine All Mine I tell you!  LOL! >

Grammie's Bedspread - Mine Mine Mine All Mine I tell you! LOL!

Grammie's Bedspread - Mine Mine Mine All Mine I tell you! LOL!

Old 04-10-2013, 11:17 PM

That is beautiful and I love the colors.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:58 AM

Really gorgeous !
Old 04-11-2013, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by SewOK View Post
Izzysgrammie, did you use a specific pattern or make up your own? Serious quilter want to know as those are the colors used in my master bedroom. Your bed is truly gorgeous!!!
I bought the fabric then had to think about it for a while. I make up my own patterns and use favorite quilting designs that compliment each other. I drew this one out on graph paper first, then added measurements to the paper so I could make the correct size blocks for the Irish Chain section. I was originally going to have a huge appliqued flower on the strip but didn't like how it looked so changed it to a decorative stitch and added some of the paisleys and leaves from the printed fabric to look like blossoms. I had a little trouble with metallic thread but everyone here helped me figure out what I needed to do to make it work. It was a lot of work but it was also a lot of fun. I always feel good when I can be creative, and now I love walking into my bedroom every day to see this. My next project will be a summer spread and I am anxious to get going on it now! Thanks again.. becky
Old 04-11-2013, 03:51 PM

Hmmmm! Maybe I would make my bed everyday, too, if I had such a pretty quilt on it!
Old 04-11-2013, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
Your set is lovely, but I have to ask....is the bed cover quilted or made as a bedspread... No batt,back and then quilted together? When I look at pic, I can't seem to see any stitching...just wondering...
I made it as a bedspread... pieced the Irish chain, and appliqued on the side strip. The strip fabric is what I used as the sides and foot, but had cut some of the strip fabric for the border and the European shams. I just had a ball doing all of it!
Old 04-11-2013, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Terricat View Post
Gorgeous fabric! Just curious, what manufacturer made the fabric and what was the name of the collection? This is by far more gorgeous than I've seen in any store in a long time!
You know.. I wish I had that info... I'll have to dig in my box of scraps and see if I left a selvage with that info. I bought it at the little Walmart in LaGrange KY. They had the icy blue and brown that I bought, plus they had another set with browns and golds. I wanted BOTH! Haha!
Old 04-11-2013, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by jeanharville View Post
I agree with a previous post that it looks like a set that an interior designer would commission. And the big surprise is those are Wal-mart fabrics. Just goes to show what can be down in the hands of talent. Thanks for sharing. I too would like to know if this is your design.
Yes it is... I had to think about it for a long time, but when it finally seeped into my pea brain, I drew it. I'm so happy with it and everyone here has made me feel even better about the entire set. We are our own worst critics ya know!
Old 04-11-2013, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Sewfine View Post
You did a magnificant job on this. This is gorgeous. Thumbs up to you. I am collecting fabric somewhat similar to those colors to do my bedroom. I am doing it all from quilt...curtains...pillows...pillow shams...night stand runners...dress runner...chester runner... and the bath room also. I will take the scraps and make a trim for my towels. Your's look like a bluish teal and mine is a greenish teal. Thanks for sharing.
You are welcome! Your idea of trimming towels is a great one! I will have to visit my scraps again to see what I can do with them.
Old 04-11-2013, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Sewbeeit2 View Post
I thought I was on a Macy's site with the beautiful bedroom ensemble. Just picture perfect....
ohmygosh! Thank you for that wonderful compliment!
Old 04-11-2013, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by Debbie B View Post
Oh my goodness...I want one! I was just looking at the comforter set that I bought last year on sale at Penney's, and was thinking that I really don't like it...ha. Then I see your bedroom set...I want it! I'm green with envy.
Debbie... this is exactly why I made my own set. I looked and looked for something special in all the stores (that I could afford without spending hundreds of dollars) and when I saw this fabric it yelled at me! I knew it would be pretty, but it took me a while to figure out what needed to be done.