Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Can you name this quilt pattern? >

Can you name this quilt pattern?

Can you name this quilt pattern?

Old 04-11-2013, 05:47 PM

I believe it is cathedral window-my mom made one for me for our 5th anniversary-lots of work it was suppose to be for our wedding, but she didn't get it done in time. I have it on our bed right now. I know I wouldn't make one to much hand stitching, but then I hand stitch all the quilts I have made-think they mean more with every stitch you put into one.
Old 04-11-2013, 06:03 PM

Hi, ... if you're going to make this "mock" catherdal windows remember to sew two blocks together before you sew the "flaps" down on the top of the block ... then it will all be attached
Old 04-11-2013, 07:45 PM

You all have been very helpful. Thank you!
Old 04-12-2013, 06:20 PM

It's called "Less Than Traditional" and the templets can be purchased at www.quiltershaven.net

They are out of Las Cruces, N.M. and once had a quilt shop in Rancho Cucamonga and Ontario, Calif.

All of the quilts from this series are reversible.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:24 PM

Fons and Porter have a template to make this pattern. Liz Porter called this pattern Peek-a-boo.The pattern is in the Sept./Oct. 2006 love of quilting. I made a table runner for a friend, it turned out nice.If you want the peek-a-boo templates, go to Fons and Porters Love of Quilting, click the rulers and templates and scroll down the screen until you come to the peek-a-boo templates. I purchased the templates when I made my table runner, it made it easier to make, but you don't actually have to have the templates.
Old 04-13-2013, 07:14 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ube quilting View Post
This IS a pattern Ii originally learned through Quilters Haven "Quilting With Charlie"

I have made this technique and it is a lot of fun to do. Grows fast and make as big as you want.

http://www.quiltershaven.net/Default.asp

I used her GOT SCRAPS pattern
Some more info on GOT SCRAPS: I got the pattern from:

American Quilter Magazine Projects 2006 by Charlie Bement
Old 04-13-2013, 07:19 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by maxnme01 View Post
It's called "Less Than Traditional" and the templets can be purchased at www.quiltershaven.net

They are out of Las Cruces, N.M. and once had a quilt shop in Rancho Cucamonga and Ontario, Calif.

All of the quilts from this series are reversible.
AND VERY BEAUTIFUL. Charlie has taken this idea and turned it into Amazing patterns. I think her work is great.
peace
Old 04-14-2013, 06:40 AM

(1) Here's what I did to add batting to the quilt while eliminating the double-thickness-of-batting bulk in the fold-over portion of the block.

I cut the lightest-weight interfacing (probably a Pellon product) into circles the same size as the four-patch circles. I sewed the interfacing and 4P circles together with the right side of the 4P touching one side of the interfacing. When the pair is sewn, the interfacing is slit and the unit is turned out and finger-pressed.

I then cut my white fabric (like what's shown in the centers of the block of the quilt you like so much) into the correct sized squares, then cut fusible batting into the same sized squares.

With the interfacing side up, and the inside seams of the 4P perfectly aligned in north-south-west-east, I placed the fusible batting square in the center, and then the white fabric on top of the fusible batting square - and pressed the unit together.

The sides of the white center square are now the pinning and stitching line and the unit is ready to GO.

(2) I made a summer-weight quilt using this method using no batting and the lightest-weight fusible interfacing I could find. I pinned the right side of the 4P circle touching the fusible side of the interfacing; when the circle is turned inside-out the fusible side of the interfacing is OUT (facing you). I used a mini-iron to fuse the center white square to the interfacing being careful not to go outside the fabric of the square. After pinning and sewing several units together, I pressed open the seams ... and at the same time, fused the foldover flaps into place for me to do the final stitch-down of the flaps. I was able to stitch down large sections of the quilt at a time. It was wonderful not getting stuck with pins.

Last edited by Wunder-Mar; 04-14-2013 at 06:42 AM.
Old 01-04-2015, 07:53 PM

The pattern you are looking for is called Got Scraps. I believe you can get it from Quilters Haven.
Old 01-05-2015, 05:27 AM
Power Poster

catmcclure, Thank You for the link. Very easy tutorial to follow. I bookmarked the site.