Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Need help from Bernina's quilters! >

Need help from Bernina's quilters!

Need help from Bernina's quilters!

Old 04-16-2013, 09:10 AM

I use two different feet for my quilting- #9 when doing large scale all over designs. When making slightly bigger stitches, I sometimes catch on the open toe, so I like the closed toe to prevent that from happening. When doing microquilting or small scale designs I love the #24. I do this type of quilting more often, so #24 is important for me

I piece using the #57. I really like the guide.

I also LOVE the walking foot for putting on binding. It comes with 3 soles, but I've never used but one of them (the open one).

If you do applique I recommend #23 for satin stitch and #39 for blanket stitch. #39 is also good for paper piecing. (I accidentally bought #34 instead of #39. It works well, but isn't quite as manueverable, and doesn't have the hole for couching.)
Old 04-16-2013, 10:35 AM

Welcome to the QB! I love my Bernina 350, and I think the best class I could have taken is the one for new Bernina owners offered by all dealers. We learned how to us all functions on our new machines and practiced with all the feet to give us an idea which ones we'd use most often. We also put together a book of samples we'd made in class for future reference. Then start enrolling in those learn-to-quilt classes.There are many Bernina feet for sale on ebay. Have fun!
Old 04-16-2013, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by Mdaniels View Post
Yes, a bit cheaper I think. I understand your wanting to get the feet and parts from a Bernina dealer, but I have had no problems with sewingpartsonline--just in case you get stuck waiting long periods of time. Enjoy.
Thanks for the link

Originally Posted by hevemi View Post
http://www.bernina.com/en-US/Experie...-Needle-Online
This is the link to a free on-line Bernina magazine. Each issue has info on special feet and projects to make. A nice magazine to flip through. You can download each issue and subscribe to free magazine to get the latest Bernina news in your e-mail.
There is also plenty of information on feet on YouTube, just search for Bernina Presser Feet. I live in Finland but rely on online dealers in feet and parts as they are very expensive here. Have fun, neighbour!
Thx! I've just downloaded that magazine a few minutes ago And yeah, I saw, that YouTube is full of videos on Berninas feet, just was interested, which of them are most used by QB members

Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
I use two different feet for my quilting- #9 when doing large scale all over designs. When making slightly bigger stitches, I sometimes catch on the open toe, so I like the closed toe to prevent that from happening. When doing microquilting or small scale designs I love the #24. I do this type of quilting more often, so #24 is important for me

I piece using the #57. I really like the guide.

I also LOVE the walking foot for putting on binding. It comes with 3 soles, but I've never used but one of them (the open one).

If you do applique I recommend #23 for satin stitch and #39 for blanket stitch. #39 is also good for paper piecing. (I accidentally bought #34 instead of #39. It works well, but isn't quite as manueverable, and doesn't have the hole for couching.)
Yes, that's the answer I was waiting for! Thank you.. I'm just doing kinda "wish list", what should I order (not everything just right now, of course, but still) and it is really helpful, thx

Originally Posted by goquiltn View Post
Welcome to the QB! I love my Bernina 350, and I think the best class I could have taken is the one for new Bernina owners offered by all dealers. We learned how to us all functions on our new machines and practiced with all the feet to give us an idea which ones we'd use most often. We also put together a book of samples we'd made in class for future reference. Then start enrolling in those learn-to-quilt classes.There are many Bernina feet for sale on ebay. Have fun!
I've checked on eBay, but didn't find anything interesting, or it was way to expencive for me.. In Lithuania I can get the same thing cheaper, the only bad thing is WAITING, but oh well.. I guess I can wait

---

Another question is.. Why no one is using Quilting foot #29?

http://www.bernina.com/en-US/Product...r-feet-us/-29C

At the very first, I was planning to order this one, but then I realised, that everyone is using darning foot #9. Whyyy this one is better than mentioned Quilting foot?
Old 04-16-2013, 02:19 PM

True, you can mark it with tape or moleskin (in the drug store department where you find foot cushions, powder etc). Good Luck and Have fun with your new Bernina.
Old 04-16-2013, 04:36 PM
Power Poster

I bought my B 15+ years ago. It came with five different feet and in the back of the machine book were several coupons to use for attachments. Check the back of your book to see if you have them too.

Good luck with your new B. and welcome to the QB. What fun!

I love mine.
peace