Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Get Ready for Virtual Quilt Day!!  This Sunday, April 21! >

Get Ready for Virtual Quilt Day!! This Sunday, April 21!

Get Ready for Virtual Quilt Day!! This Sunday, April 21!

Old 04-16-2013, 05:06 PM

Default Get Ready for Virtual Quilt Day!! This Sunday, April 21!

Hi all!

I bet you thought I forgot, didn't you?? Luckily, as per usual, I had a wonderful quilter remind me to do this this month, so here I am!! I hope everyone is ready to quilt away this weekend!! If you are not familiar with VQD, it's very, very easy. There are no rules!! I will make a new thread on Sunday, then you come back and post your goals in that new thread and then check in through out the day and let us know how it's going and cheer the rest of us on!! Easy Peasy. You can join any time of the day!! I will post the new thread on Sunday at 5 AM EST to try and get in early for those over the pond. Be sure to be on the lookout for it. This is a great way for all of us to have a quilt lock-in without having to drag our machines around town. It's a lot of fun and a lot of work gets done. Woo-hoo!! Of course pictures are appreciated, but not required.

So what will you be working on this weekend?

Rachel
Old 04-16-2013, 05:26 PM

I'm working on a string quilt. I think that's what it's called. Sew on paper diagonally with white strip down the center of each block. Using up lots of strips from a log cabin I finished for my camper. This one is also for my camper but I'm sewing it onto flannel with no batting. I'm making it for summer use. That's my VQD project this month! Thanks for posting, Rachel!
Old 04-16-2013, 06:42 PM

I always look forward to VQD! I'll be there after church. I will probably be working on a Mystery Quilt.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:56 PM

I intend to finish my frog quilt ladies. See you Sunday.
Old 04-17-2013, 01:10 AM

It already sounds like it is going to be a busy day!! I am not sure what I will be working on yet. I always have a hard time deciding!!

Rachel
Old 04-17-2013, 01:55 AM

I'll be working on a wedding gift that I'm quilting right now. I'm loving the style of it and can't wait to show it off, but I want to wait until it is completely finished.
Old 04-17-2013, 02:15 AM

I'll be joining with the virtual quilt retreat on another thread making a tote, so I'll check in here as well to share progress.
Old 04-17-2013, 02:55 AM

I will be going down to the beach in Gulf Shores, Alabama on Saturday for a week for my youngest son's wedding. Won't have a machine and am already missing it. Won't be too productive sewing wise but plan to work on some hexies while I am there. Have a great condo reserved so will be spending a lot of time with my chidren and grands who i don't see too often and a lot of at the pool and beach. My sister is coming from Chicago too so will have a nice visit with her also.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:37 AM

Darn I'll miss it this month, I'll be at an actual quilt retreat that day so will be sure to check in on everyone's projects when I get back.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:10 AM

OK, I think I'll take part in this. I will have to wait until this weekend to decide which project I'm going to work on. But I may work on a paper piecing project that I started eons ago and haven't touched since. Either that and/or quilt on one of the tops I have laying around.