2013 Fabric Moratorium

Old 04-12-2013, 10:49 AM

I am a newbie to this group. Just making sure that I know the rules - the fabric must come from my stash, correct?
I have a large stash of fabrics, a lot of novelty fabric. I am to make a quilt using this fabric and will not purchase any other fabric to use in this quilt. This sounds like fun!
Old 04-12-2013, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by quilterCDN View Post
I am a newbie to this group. Just making sure that I know the rules - the fabric must come from my stash, correct?
I have a large stash of fabrics, a lot of novelty fabric. I am to make a quilt using this fabric and will not purchase any other fabric to use in this quilt. This sounds like fun!

Welcome and good luck..You have the general idea...seems that we are real good at giving each other excuses to fall off the wagon tho!! LOL...From what I have been doing I try to use all stash..Of course this doesn't work all the time..for example I am about to begin a graduation gift quilt, which I had the recepient pick the fabrics she wanted. I have had to buy a little solid for a project that I had the rest of in stash...I see that people have made exceptions for birthdays etc~! I have begun organizing my scraps and have been amazed at what I canl do with them..I have done one scrappy quilt all from stash, and a twin size that was all stash too. My daughter's prom gown was mostly from stash too!! I did cheat and buy $10 worth of clearance fabric to make tote bags for Sadies choice, I couldn't resist the fairy and pooh designs..that $10 will make the main fabric for 8 tote bags!! Good luck and hopefully by this time next year we will NEED stash!!
Old 04-13-2013, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by quilterCDN View Post
I joined this stash so I would stop buying and get organized. It's worked quite nicely for me so far. I've bought a few things here & there, but they at least mostly had a home in a project I was about to start. However, my biggest problem is buying way more than I need for the project, knowing it'll go in my stash. It has kept me from totally raiding the remnants bin on the rare occasion I get somewhere that has one. The biggest fabric store here is Hobby Lobby though & of course, they don't do remnants.
Old 04-13-2013, 09:57 AM

quilterCDN, welcome to this adventure. You can buy fabric needed to complete a project. What we are trying to do is not add to our stash(es). I've done okay - just 2 yards for my b'day present to me. Other purchases have been small and were used the minute they came out of the dryer.
Old 04-13-2013, 11:27 PM
Power Poster

Still clinging hard to the "wagon". Despite emails and letters advertising huge discounts and luscious fabric I haven't weakened yet. I need some embroidery floss for a project and am thinking of asking my husband to get it as I don't think I can go in the shop and not come out with fabric. Just as well he loves shopping.
Old 04-14-2013, 07:29 AM

Joann has FQ's for $.99 this week. Game over. Turn over the wagon! I have a new Accuquilt & several swaps and other projects to do. There's no way I can keep from buying extras! I may even make a mid-week evening drive to Montgomery so it's not next weekend before I get to Joann's to stock up!
Old 04-16-2013, 03:43 PM
Power Poster

I had to get some backing fabric for a piece I am donating to the cancer event at work. Just HAD TO, I'm sure you understand. Unfortunately I made a pass by the 50% off table and found some pieces calling my name. HANGINGHEADINSHAME.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:55 PM

Martina......When she was good she was very very good..................
Old 04-16-2013, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Emma S View Post
Martina......When she was good she was very very good..................
And when she was bad she was even better!!!!!
Old 04-16-2013, 11:15 PM

Hi every one..just found this thread....thinking I should join.
I have 25 tubs of at least 50 yards in each one...do you think I should join????