Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I have been told stitch in ditch is " a cop out." What about sending your top out ? >

I have been told stitch in ditch is " a cop out." What about sending your top out ?

I have been told stitch in ditch is " a cop out." What about sending your top out ?

Old 04-17-2013, 04:06 AM

AMEN to all the above coments. I think some people should just keep their mouths shut period. People who would say something like that is not a very nice person and usually is just jealous because they are talented enough to do it. Just keep on doing waht you love, that is what I do, it is good enough for me and that is all that counts. Happy Quilting to you, I do a lot of STD myself.
Old 04-17-2013, 05:24 AM

I stitch in the ditch. There is nothing right or wrong how a person quilts their quilt. LA quilting is way to expensive for my budget & I can make more quilts with the savings. Quilt the quilt from the heart!
Old 04-17-2013, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by pat g View Post
after reading all of the comments on the qb for sev. Yrs. Now, my thought is that we tend to take our quilting way too seriously. We all have different levels of abilities, experience, & avail. Time.

Very few of us are at a "professional" level & we need to just sit back, stitch away, & enjoy what we do. Unless our quilt is in a show in front of a judge, others should just enjoy ea. Other's work. I've learned that i don't have to be perfect. Just happy with my quilt.

Those who are quick to criticize should learn to choose their words better.
a m e n!!!!
Old 04-17-2013, 08:44 AM

GOOD FOR YOU CHAIR......JUST KEEP ON.......KEEPING ON. Stitch in the ditch in NOT....I repeat NOT a cop out. Do what brings you joy. That is what it is really and truly about. Thanks for posting.

Vickey S.
Originally Posted by chairjogger View Post
So, the laziness, the "cop out" of doing your own quilting, but the "send out to long arm" is not.

bruised about this.. each stitch counts.. sat and took it on the chin.. so to speak.

..will continue to stitch my own creations, using the most cost effective way possible to enjoy my quilting.

Yes, I consider myself a quilter.

Ell
Old 04-17-2013, 09:07 AM

I agree. Ignore that rude person's remark and quilt however you like. SID is not easy. You go, girl.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:16 AM

If you made her something can you send to me instead cause I know how hard it is to quilt... : ) Just kidding. I have done a few stitch in ditch. Tried meandering but pretty much ruined my quilt and all the work of making it. Have 2 in process now and if I am happy with them when done, I will pay to have quilted by someone else! Love your own art and ignore those who put you down. Life is too short!
Old 04-17-2013, 09:43 AM

Wow, stay away from those negative folks. I love the stitch in a ditch but have to admit, my ditch stitching looks like I have been under the influence ossasionally...still love the look. I have not done any other machine quilting patterns yet..still a novice....
Old 04-17-2013, 09:45 AM

Ditto, ditto, ditto!! Quilting is an art - no rules!!!
Old 04-17-2013, 09:49 AM

Give that know-it-all a big, juicy raspberry from me.
Old 04-17-2013, 11:04 AM

Don't allow others to define you or what you're doing, especially in whether or not you quilt something yourself, quilt SITD, or pay to have it quilted. Nobody's business but yours. And it's still your creation. I would not waste a single moment thinking about this.