Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Anastasia’s Table Topper/Runner Swap  -- Closed >

Anastasia’s Table Topper/Runner Swap -- Closed

Anastasia’s Table Topper/Runner Swap -- Closed

Old 04-18-2013, 09:45 AM

We made it through the storm with just ALOT of LOUD thunder and lightening, I think Beau will be traumitized the rest of his childhood, the poor boy was uncontrollable with his crying no matter what JD and I said or did. I am going to piece and maybe start quilting my table runner tonight. I am hoping I can maybe mail it this weekend, its going to be cold and windy outside for the next several days (its always windy here, nothing but barb wire fences to stop it).

Nancia drop your friend a short note and maybe some pretty spring flowers to help brighten these dreary days we have going on. Something we did at the vet I used to work for was make clay paw prints of their pets when they passe daway at the clinic. We just used Crayola air dry clay you can buy it walmart. I also saw on pintrest just a paint paw print that was framed, maybe get a double frame so a favorite picture of her dog could go on the other side. I hope and I am sure the vets office gives her plenty of time with him afterwards! Brat hope you have a safe trip and good day!
Old 04-18-2013, 03:06 PM

sikesjj what a great idea about the paw print - that is certainly something to share with our vet for his patients. Brian and I used to get just because cards from the dog to the other person and would muddy up their paw and stamp the card; thank you for the reminder that I have them tucked away in a box somewhere.

brat wanted to see what I was working on - she must think I'm sending out Brian's tropical women pillow case fabric -he would be so disappointed in me if I did that - he wants to sleep with his women. I'm working with this fabric - the flowers kind of remind me of those you tuck in behind your ear; photo doesn't do the fabric justice - wonder who it's for......HMMMMMMM.

Snow is forecasted for our area tonight into tomorrow - I wish mother nature would take a break!!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tropical Splendor Tease.JPG
Views:	414
Size:	320.4 KB
ID:	408815  
Old 04-18-2013, 03:33 PM

thanks for the support, i appreciate it! i am on the bed typing this with all four animals curled up around me. hate to disturb them, but we need to go to macy's with a return, oooo, and maybe some retail therapy! i just can't think of anything i need! pout.
Old 04-18-2013, 04:00 PM

Dabbler I had you for my partner and I certainly hope you have me. I love that fabric , beautiful colors!! My eyes just go to that luscious purple
Old 04-18-2013, 04:14 PM

ohh that is so pretty we used to grow those on the side of the house.. they bloom oh crud I forget only morning or afternoon and are so spectacular. pick them? they wither instantly

I would not mind that at all still willing and able to send my addy to the other 18 who didnt get my name in case you want to send me yours too. they will pile up nicely on the porch! yahoo!!!

I finished mine and sent before the noon truck left, have another sender ready to mail.. this is so exciting.. I just cant hide it.. I am about to lose control and I know I like it like it... where is Yosemitesa when I need her? she is my dancing squad. SIKESJJ your in! kick off those shoes show us what you got!!!

I showed my runner finished at dialysis. good/bad. They all loved it. One very kind woman she is 84 said oh please let her buy it for her sister. uh no it has to go out today I wish I could but.. well how much do you sell them for? uh I dont. and I am thinking oh crud she couldnt pay what I would have to charge for fabric alone.. please will you make me one for my sisters birthday. I think younger older she is not young. Oh crud. she is a sweet woman. I say DUMB ME well I would have to charge you for the fabric. oh thats fine! how much? my mind races.. I say (KICK ME) 10.00 well it cost not that low for this one.. as you know its not cheap this pretty fabric we buy.. and she says oh.. really? that much? OMG now I am feeling like a heal I say I might be able to make you one because your so nice to me. oh she was so happy. kick kick kick. I just finished three. now whip one up? by Tuesday. oh love to! big mouth but she is nice so I will and I will know it was the right thing to do from now on I am hiding what I do. noppers. not making them for give aways at the hat. uh crud. yeah I would sucker sucker sucker. I feel I have so much to pay it forward I have to remember this at all times. remind me as I have whippity do da fun making this while other projects await my finishing.. oh yeah. sure her birthday. i will like this. kick me again when I forget how much I like this especially the quilting part.

thats my story. yipppeee! I am whipping up bacon eggs and toast for the dear man and for me? pasta with cream cheese, garlic cooked mushrooms and parm cheese to lower the fat count (uh huh). its going to be grand with a bit of salad. mind you who said 3,000 calories right there! I eat 1/3 cup servings. so I think I cut a few calories off the top. some will be for breakfast! and lunch and 'coons and skunks and well if you can only have so much of anything make sure its good. now that I promote and stand behind that statement
Old 04-19-2013, 05:47 AM

Its going to be sunny and balmy warm at 60 today! window open doors open. me sewing. what could be better than that? oh I know not working on this other runner. yup it could be a tiny bit better. think I will go purples and parrots for her. she liked the other one I cant go too wrong I think

happy day everyone. don't forget to show your runners when you receive them!

Linda
Old 04-19-2013, 06:47 AM

Dab, What fabulous fabric. Lucky will be the person who receives somethng from you made with that. I am slowly catching up or will be by end of this month so Brat, if you do another swap, perhaps I can get in on it. I am going to follow your swap even if I am not in it. Nancia, I am sure your friend is comforted by your being there. Always hard to lose a pet but Brat, I like what you said about there always being a memory in your heart.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:25 AM

So proud of you... and of course you'll make her one. I was 'consigned' to make 2 french braid runners after I brought my top in. They paid for the Bali Pop of fabric, I have both of their tops finished but am afraid to cut and finish them, including mine. I need a binding wizard to come visit!!!

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post

I showed my runner finished at dialysis. good/bad. They all loved it. One very kind woman she is 84 said oh please let her buy it for her sister. uh no it has to go out today I wish I could but.. well how much do you sell them for? uh I dont. and I am thinking oh crud she couldnt pay what I would have to charge for fabric alone.. please will you make me one for my sisters birthday. I think younger older she is not young. Oh crud. she is a sweet woman. I say DUMB ME well I would have to charge you for the fabric. oh thats fine! how much? my mind races.. I say (KICK ME) 10.00 well it cost not that low for this one.. as you know its not cheap this pretty fabric we buy.. and she says oh.. really? that much? OMG now I am feeling like a heal I say I might be able to make you one because your so nice to me. oh she was so happy. kick kick kick. I just finished three. now whip one up? by Tuesday. oh love to! big mouth but she is nice so I will and I will know it was the right thing to do from now on I am hiding what I do. noppers. not making them for give aways at the hat. uh crud. yeah I would sucker sucker sucker. I feel I have so much to pay it forward I have to remember this at all times. remind me as I have whippity do da fun making this while other projects await my finishing.. oh yeah. sure her birthday. i will like this. kick me again when I forget how much I like this especially the quilting part.
Old 04-19-2013, 11:27 AM

Traci I am doing cheat binding on my French braid.
Old 04-19-2013, 12:26 PM
Power Poster

Dabbler-- that is such pretty fabric!

We had a big tree blow over from the wind, and then the deer got into my back yard and ate all of my flowers, and the strawberry plants-ARGH!! Still windy and rainy here.. Good day to stay inside, wait for kiddos naptime, and do some sewing therapy!!