Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
where to find an easy 4 patch pattern >

where to find an easy 4 patch pattern

where to find an easy 4 patch pattern

Old 04-28-2013, 05:24 AM

I know what you mean by saying an easy four patch, how about a four patch, then continuing on with a log cabin style sides as to increase the size of the block. That would be easy I think. Good luck, hope you are finding what you want.
Old 04-28-2013, 05:40 AM

I just finished two diappearing 4 patch quilts for my daughter's friend who had twins. I did them as eye spy quilts. They were so much fun. The directions posted here were the ones I used and the pictures linked show the varying looks you can achieve. I think you would have fun. And if you have lots of scraps, this one will be so fun and interesting to make.
Old 04-28-2013, 05:52 AM

Actually my personal preference is the disappearing nine patch it is not quite so organized looking as the d4p. And the thing I like about it is if you start with larger squares you can have a top whipped up in no time, with the d9p. And above all the d9p is way more forgiving for me.
Old 04-28-2013, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by Murphy1 View Post
I just finished two diappearing 4 patch quilts for my daughter's friend who had twins. I did them as eye spy quilts. They were so much fun. The directions posted here were the ones I used and the pictures linked show the varying looks you can achieve. I think you would have fun. And if you have lots of scraps, this one will be so fun and interesting to make.
This first wesite you posted (sew wonderful) has a great tutorial. I have 4 yds of floral brown fabric I bought last summer to make my ex-mother-in-law a quilt, that my kids were going to give her for a christmas gift. However, in September, she passed away unexpectedly. I still want to make a quilt using that fabric, and give it to my ex-brother-in-law, whom did so much for his mom. I want to explain to him that this was the fabric I had bought to make her a quilt and now used it to make a "memory quilt" in honor of his mom. I had also already bought some light gold fabric to go with this brown floral fabric so I am going to use this disappearing 4-patch pattern to make a throw size quilt for him as a "memory quilt" in honor of his mom. I have been looking since last September for a pattern to use for this and this will be the perfect one. Thanks.
Old 04-29-2013, 04:30 AM

You really don't need a pattern. Decide how big you want to make the quilt, this will help you find out the size of the blocks. Then cut out the squares to equal this size block.
Old 04-29-2013, 05:18 AM
Power Poster

I love Quilter'scache.com
Old 04-29-2013, 05:28 AM

Originally Posted by quilter2theend View Post
Just downloaded and printed this "Flying Squares Block" from http:// http://www.genxquilter.com/2012/09/f...-tutorial.html It uses on 3 colors.
Using only 3 colors is something I need, can you check the link though, as when I tried to use it I got this message:
" Sorry, the website www.genxquilter.com cannot be found "

Thanks !!
Old 04-29-2013, 06:10 AM

Try this.

http://www.genxquilters.com/p/tutorials-patterns.html
Old 04-29-2013, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by coopah View Post
Eleanor Burns has one called "Piece of Cake." It IS a piece of cake...and the instructions are understandable. I like Eleanor Burns method as her measurments are always accurate and easy. You could also check out the tutorials on YouTube from Missouri Star Quilt Company.
As a somewhat newbie myself, I not only am learning from the wonderful people on QB, but i love watching and learning from Missouri Star Quilt Company tutorials! I am about to start their "4-Patch + X's and O's = AWESOME" for my special needs daughter.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:35 AM

Becky, I see that you have plenty of websites to check out from the wonderful friends on this board. Good luck with your quilt. It will be a comforting treasure to your boss during this time of adjustment.