Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun >

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Old 04-13-2013, 08:49 AM

Hi everyone! I know the answer to my question is in here somewhere but with 172 pages and my techno disabilities, I can't find it! I have a new ( from Christmas) Jenome 350E and my bobbin thread is suddenly coming thru A LOT! i have removed and replaced both the bobbin and the thread. I am currently embroidering on denim and am using a stiff cut-away stabellizer. any ideas ??
Old 04-13-2013, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by DebbieKT View Post
Hi everyone! I know the answer to my question is in here somewhere but with 172 pages and my techno disabilities, I can't find it! I have a new ( from Christmas) Jenome 350E and my bobbin thread is suddenly coming thru A LOT! i have removed and replaced both the bobbin and the thread. I am currently embroidering on denim and am using a stiff cut-away stabellizer. any ideas ??
Ha! figured it out on myown! After playing with tension over and over agaain, I just realized that I was using the upright thread prong. The (new) larger spool was not turning, forcing the thread to be dragged over the top of the spool! Using the horizontal thread prong, it sews perfectly!
Old 04-27-2013, 02:28 PM

I have the Singer Futura SES 2000 which I have however yesterday I went out and bought the Brother Quatto 2 6700D which is top of the line. I was looking at lesser cost machines but they all lacked one or more things I wanted it to do and found while researching that the Quattro 2 absolutely has all I was looking for and than some. It will arrive here by end of next week.

I am however still keeping my SES 2000 and will give it to my almost 11 year old grand daughter. She will have to though come here for a couple years to use it cause I simply do not trust her family and there taking it away from her and giving it to someone in her mothers family or selling it from under her. They have been known to do that over the years when I have given the kids computers, DS, and more and I'm not about to allow this to happen. She really wants this machine just like the iPad I have here that she uses when she comes over. Its sad when you can't as a kid even trust your family to take what is yours and selling it or giving it to someone else.

I started taking embroidery classes this last month to learn about the different fabrics, stabilizers, threads and needles used for various projects like doing cutwork, lace embroidery and more. I never knew there was so much to learn regarding using these materials. All I had ever seen around here were folks just hooping a piece of fabric and stitching and taking these classes I see why most of them have there pieces puckered up or worst.

My SES broke a needle today and realized the reason it did was where you put the needle that piece was loose and fell out so now I have to play with it this week to get that silly thing back on.

Had a class today and the teacher was good enough to let me use her Brother machine which is the Noviis 7000d I think it was. Actually I'm glad my machine did what it did cause it gave me a chance to play with a totally computerized machine and boy was it fun and like night and day from my SES. I still like my SES though and I still plan to use it for auto punch, cross-stitching, and photostitching once I put that piece back on and of course will use it until my Brother comes in next week.

Today we learned to do cutwork and lace work using various materials. I will upload photos of it later on. Will have to take pictures of it.
Old 04-27-2013, 02:33 PM
Power Poster

just got my new brother pe770 a few weeks back, having so much fun making lace snowflakes, icicles, reindeer and driedels. trying to get a jump on the holidays. what's your opinion on the snowflakes and reindeer as ornaments for the swap this year.
the only thing I don't like about this machine is I can't back up. if someone here knows how, please let me know. thanks
Old 04-27-2013, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Quilty-Louise View Post
qn4e - If you have any plans for building up the amount of embroidery thread
you have (me I plan to eventually have ALL the Floriani colors) I would HIGHLY
recommend you getting the metal drawer from Ikea, they cost $40 each and are
the PERFECT interior height for holding the spools. PLUS each drawer can hold
40 spools. The drawers come in 3 colors silver, white & red.

I have 2 silver and 1 red and hope to get at least 3 more someday. Below is acouple
pictures of my cabinets. I only have the pieces of paper to "label" the number range
in each drawer. Once I have ALL the colors I will pull out my trust (and MUCH used)label
maker and make labels for the drawers.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]407543[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]407544[/ATTACH]

These are the drawers I have from
IKEA.
Louise,
I love your storage ideas.
Old 04-27-2013, 06:28 PM
Banned

Thanks Ms. Grace my storage ideas all come from trial and error.
However I was told about those metal drawers from the saleslady
at the shop where I buy my thread, machine etc...so happy she did
because they have been the BEST thing ever for my thread.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:45 AM

Default bobbin thread out detector

I noticed that lately my bobin thread out detector seems to not be detecting so well! I started working on a project that at times I disable the cutting jump stitches part and since I did that my bobbin just runs out. I hate it when I've gone through an entire design without bobbin thread. For some reason, it just doesn't look quite as good as with thread

My machine is a Brother Quattro 6000D.
I've resent everything numerous times, turned it off and on, and it still doesn't detect.
Any ideas - anyone?

TIA,
Jane
Old 05-01-2013, 12:14 PM

I have actually been using my machine for regular sewing and the bobbin empty detector is working. Hmmmm! I will try another embroidery and see what happens.
Old 05-02-2013, 04:03 AM

Originally Posted by Jratcliff View Post
I noticed that lately my bobin thread out detector seems to not be detecting so well! I started working on a project that at times I disable the cutting jump stitches part and since I did that my bobbin just runs out. I hate it when I've gone through an entire design without bobbin thread. For some reason, it just doesn't look quite as good as with thread

My machine is a Brother Quattro 6000D.
I've resent everything numerous times, turned it off and on, and it still doesn't detect.
Any ideas - anyone?

TIA,
Jane
Sometimes the bobbin alert on my Topaz 30 does not work. I usually find that the bobbin area needs to be cleaned out of lint etc. Don't know if that would be your problem, but since it works on regular sewing, probably not.
Old 05-02-2013, 03:24 PM

Got my Brother Quanttro 2 in today so will be busy in next few days getting familiar with it. So much stuff. I am really impressed so far and haven't even turned the machine on yet.