Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Elisabrat's Summer Fun! Table Runner/Table Mat Swap SIGN UPS CLOSE MAY 5th >

Elisabrat's Summer Fun! Table Runner/Table Mat Swap SIGN UPS CLOSE MAY 5th

Elisabrat's Summer Fun! Table Runner/Table Mat Swap SIGN UPS CLOSE MAY 5th

Old 05-08-2013, 06:50 AM

sikesjj , again. Here is a pic of my tiny table (and Arizona dusty floor. After a while in AZ you just give up). . . and my improvised kitchen island that could use a square topper to put my sugar bowl and salt and pepper shakers (where are my salt and pepper shakers?) I also have a hand made glass top coffee table what could use a runner. Just thought of that one. Need to get a pic.

KAT
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	tinytable.png
Views:	430
Size:	244.8 KB
ID:	412350   Click image for larger version

Name:	island.png
Views:	435
Size:	210.9 KB
ID:	412351  
Old 05-08-2013, 07:35 AM

Marytoddliz -- Honey I'm so sorry for everything you are going through. Trust me, I can relate some. LOL...my mom retired so she could rest. In the last 2-1/2 months she has been home a total of 3 days. Between being here to help me when they closed daycare and my grandparents getting sick and my grandfather dying, she has been everywhere but home. I'm sure when things settle, y'all will choose the best path. In personal experience from my grandfather passing, the only regret I have was not pushing the family harder to let him go home and into hospice. He wanted to go home, he should have been home when he passed. If your mom wants to go home, if it is possible, do what you can to bring her home. I love your idea of taking her for a day to the Oregon coast. It would truly be a day you both remembered forever. I know your heart will lead you in the right direction. Will be praying for y'all!!!

Oh Miss Brat!!! How can you NOT have a partner??? I think I MAY have to change that!!! Will see what other batiks I have at the house... May find something right up your alley that just may show up on your doorstep.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:41 AM

I really love the butterfly, dragon fly and the hot pink and orange batiks (option 2 or 3).... They all are really beautiful. You can surprise me.
I'll get some photos up for you a little later today. Camera battery is in the process of charging. First I can't find it then both batteries are dead. I'm having one of those days that go along with cold damp weather. Misplaced my phone yesterday too. Black phones and black purse lining, not a good combo for me. My purse isn't even that big. It's allergy season and the meds make me just a little off.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
What???? Well that's no good.
I completely agree.......Brat should not be left out. I want your address Brat.
Old 05-08-2013, 02:47 PM

My partner has pm'd me a super nice Hello! I have answered her back, and am now waiting to see what colors, theme, etc she likes...I went "toony" this month and told her that while my dining room is Coca Cola themed with upper walls being red and lower walls being white beadboard, and "old time" soda fountain black and white checker floor that I want her to surprise me!!! I had to add that mine and my dear hubby's son actually found and bought an early 1970's Coke machine and brought it over couple of weeks ago for his dad (Well, he said it was for both of us..mmmhmm...lol). So while its a cool thing...um, well, um, now I have a rather um large Coca Cola machine in my dining room....I am laughing as I type this, because as I have been trying to figure out how to re-arrange some of my wall stuff including a Coca Cola quilt I had made and hung up, I am actually just as excited as hubby about the machine...So, in the spirit of "Throwing caution to the wind and living dangerously" I figure my partner surprising me with whatever she wants to make will go along with my new way of living!!
Take care all!
Kif
Old 05-08-2013, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by createfourpaws View Post
I completely agree.......Brat should not be left out. I want your address Brat.
I wonder if we could all (those who wish to) make some type of collaboration of summer blocks to send? Who's got ideas?????
Old 05-08-2013, 04:27 PM

Yosamitesa, Does any of this appeal to you. The peach is half way done already. I thought the tulip with bright batiks would be really fun and then I spied the red floral and that also is matched with batiks.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]412439[/ATTACH]

Name:	DSCN1625.JPG
Views:	110
Size:	793.1 KB
ID:	412439  
Old 05-08-2013, 04:59 PM

Wow that is not too tiny a tiny table! mine is tiny 36 x 42 huge almost. (grin).

I could sit here and shop from all of you! one of these, two of those.. super selection. I am wondering Sikesjj what is old school to you for patriotic? like stars and stripes? old glory civil war colors? think you have to get a tiny bit clearer. After all YOUR A KID! Most of us are maybe not from the same "old school" as you lol (ie me).

I am good to go on the runners just here as a backup this round. Sometime life happens and then I will be ready to dive on in lol (push me in the water first ok?) and come to the rescue like a true hero (LOL) and wont that be grand?? first let me say that better not be necessary. i spent all day fixing this hair-do.
Old 05-08-2013, 06:12 PM

Marich52 here are some of the fabrics I chose to use for your tablerunner. What do you think, let me know if okay or I will shop for different.You said you like bright, floral, batiks scrappy or seasonal. I do have a pattern picked out that I am going to do for you. [ATTACH=CONFIG]412451[/ATTACH]

Name:	Tablerunner project.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	412451  

Last edited by pbadder; 05-08-2013 at 06:14 PM.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:38 PM

ohh that green and pink together how pretty are they pbadder! so many to chose from with your pattern how many do you need for it? so she can say this one that one and those two! I say send them this way she hates them all I know it lol..

oh this is so fun! wish I could sew right now. too pooped out tomorrow I will work on my dq its coming along nicely think I can post a sneak peak here as well my partner is not in this swap. she had better not be peaking in here!