Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins

Old 05-08-2013, 03:16 PM
    Swap Hosts

June is going to be - pick one - self portrait or where I live. Both for you to interpret.
    Old 05-08-2013, 04:06 PM

Oh dear! I am still trying to figure out how to post pictures from April's doll quilt! I'm getting closer! Robin, you are LOVED!
    Old 05-08-2013, 05:40 PM

where I live will be easy right now. I would just have to quilt a plain white piece of fabric, because All I see is fog! We have winter, fog, a little tiny bit of summer and fall. Fog is a season here. It won't leave until after the 4th of July! Have not a clue about a self portrait. I will be working on my Partners quilt tomorrow. I sew once a week with a friend.
    Not sure what I am doing, yet. One thing leads to another.
    Old 05-08-2013, 05:56 PM

Ladys, you make my world so much better ...... the lastest in this saga is the meds from yesterday I had a reaction to and so we have to change it .... but my oncologist said as long as there are 3 or four days on the antibotics we can procede with the harvest of the stem cells ....... I'm thinking Gibbs is our cliff hanger .... they have to have a lead in for next season .... I love N.C.I.S. have watched it from the begining ..... my brother was a Navy cop for 30 years ...... he popped my bubble and said they don't have any guys like Gibbs and no Abbys but I didnt care he is just a party pooper .... Any body watch Criminal Minds ????? sometimes it shows too much of the human dark side .... OMG I wastch too much tv ......lol....... Survivor ??????? who's gonna winnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for being my friends ladies
    Old 05-08-2013, 08:00 PM

hi hope you all are well...Been off for a few days...had a toothache and backlogged at work...haven't started my crazy yet but my fabrics and some of my extras are picked...Krystyna- I have a lap quilt from my granny that is simple patch done in virgin wool on one side and flannel on the other and tied...no batting...it's very toasty and one of the ones that everyone fights to use while watching tv in the winter time.
    Old 05-08-2013, 09:32 PM

ohh I started cutting today. I have waves, sand, sky, wacky happening big time. I have had a couple lovely chats with annaquilts. She is an amazing woman. I believe she is a blessing and yet has been blessed also.

Crazyquiltrobbin: patience right? tough. I learned to let it be. Its an internal thing.. go with what is happening. If one way doesnt work.. believe another will. I am glad the tv is keeping you busy. I watched a ton of cooking shows in the hospital now I think it was because well. the food... lol.. I could dream about real food that way.

I have wanted to make a wool mug rug (go quilts.com I think?) tons of choices but not sure if I have the hand skill for this. They are reasonable for the smaller kits to try I think. Buying the wool wow is not cheap however. I wonder would they qualify as a DQ? they are not quilted per say with quilt fabric.. hum... Krystyna your swap this counts as ok or not ok?
    Old 05-09-2013, 04:45 AM

Elisabrat, I think the wool would qualify for the mini quilts. Whip me up one after you finish your Crazyquilt, haha.

Where I live? Hmmmmmm? Was lost in shallow thought for a moment but then it flashed into my mind--okay, I can do that.
    Old 05-09-2013, 05:48 AM

I love "where I live"...I think I can do that....

Robin I wish I was into those TV shows you watch...I am a PBS junkie personally...Love those English shows...Mr. Selfridge right now Downton Abbey before...also love to watch "the Hoarders" because I am afraid I might become one! I started cleaning out my stash a tiny bit after I watched that show! Hope your new meds are working for you! Hang in there...we are all behind you all the way!

Krystyna, If you have more wool than you want, let me know and I will purchase! I have been looking at Thrift stores because the quilt shop prices are astronomical! I love wool throws!!!!
    Old 05-09-2013, 05:59 AM
    Swap Hosts

Oh. Hoarders. That always gets me moving to clean up clutter!
    Old 05-09-2013, 07:53 AM

Hmm. I think where I live would be pretty easy. Self portrait might be a real challenge Might have to try both to see what happens.
    Robin I hope everything is going well. I'm praying for you.