Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret Partner Pin Cushion/Needlecase Swap >

Secret Partner Pin Cushion/Needlecase Swap

Secret Partner Pin Cushion/Needlecase Swap

Old 05-09-2013, 03:34 PM

Lynnie, so sorry I did not take a picture. I always do but did not this time. Glad you liked it. It was fun to make.

Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
Just got a cute chicken pin cushion made of a bright pink pin dot with wings, tail, comb and waddle of black polka dots in white, grey, pink and hot pink. so cute. Thank you Kathy, I don't know your screen name. maybe you can post a pick for me, no camera. thank you soooo much again. she's so cute.
Old 05-10-2013, 01:50 PM

i have sent out 2 needle cases and 2 pincushions. one will take awhile because it's going down under! hope everyone is happy!
Old 05-11-2013, 12:02 PM
Power Poster

the p.o. promised that both partners would have their goodies by thurs. I see that the person getting the needlecase didn't post, so I guess the po lied again. that thing about rain snow sleet and floods doesn't hold truth here on long island. phooey to the p.o.
Old 05-11-2013, 12:35 PM

Well I still haven't received anything from anyone on either the pincushion or the needlecase! I hope all is ok with whoever had my name. I'm really kind of upset - I join for the fun, do my best and get things out on time, or before, but seems everything I join in, be it a block swap or whatever, I'm always left setting and wondering if I'm gonna get anything at all!!! This is the 3rd time this year on another swap on QB that I've not heard from the partner assigned me.

Sorry, didn't mean to blow, but I'm just kinda put out! Cut off times are set for a reason, why can't people abide by them? I know most do, but there's always some that just can't meet the deadline date.

No one needs to respond, I just needed to blow!!!

Old 05-11-2013, 01:27 PM

I am so sorry to hear your partners have not followed through for you! I have only had that happen to me once, and the SP hostess had an angel send me a package. I have gotten a couple of late things, but then I have been a few days late before. Have you sent Tracey a pm to let her know?
Old 05-11-2013, 01:43 PM

Hello!! I am working on this thread today. There are several that have not been in contact with me. I know that there are several that have shipped this week and should be arriving the first of the week. I have sent out PM's with receipt confirmation for an update.

Hugs,
Old 05-11-2013, 03:13 PM
Power Poster

oksewnsew, I hear you loud and clear. I send out as soon as I get my partner ,try to keep ahead, I still haven't recd anything. Not to mention on another swap from about 2 months ago, I still haven't re'd. its such a bummer to rush, make something special and....nothing.
Then they say, life comes along. well, it does for me too, but you got your gift, I didn't. On some swaps, people have 4-6 weeks to get the item out, and on the last day, they admit, they haven't started yet! This just isn't fair.
AND..for some reason my feedback score disappeared. I had all positive, now it's gone too.
Old 05-11-2013, 03:24 PM

Thanks for your all's concern. It is disheartening Lynnie, to get things sent then get nothing in return, OR get something that looks like the person just threw something together & sent it to say they'd sent something! I do enjoy the group of ladies and I know some work, some have health problems, unexpected company, etc. BUT, why don't they start to work on the items as soon as they get their name, before something DOES come up unexpectedly? I have a life too, but get things done... Thanks Tracey for hosting this, and keeping on top of things...I do plan on joining again for June - this is fun.

Hugs
Jean
Old 05-11-2013, 04:05 PM
Power Poster

Jean, maybe we'll be partners next month. I also agree with the "let's throw a few things together and let the bird sew it together' I try my best and do my best and use good products to make a completed item that I hope whomever gets it, likes it. I start early, actually, in spare time, I make extras, and try to have a good stock of colors ready to go. Now, Jean, go take a deep breath and relax.
Old 05-11-2013, 07:58 PM
Banned

Nancia,

I want to say THANK YOU for the "wedge" of cheese and mouse
pincushion.

They are awesome and I will take a picture tomorrow showing
how I will hang it up.